Complaint Review: ATLAS LOCKSMITH

• Reported By: alanjwar — Menifee California United States of America
ATLAS LOCKSMITH

ATLAS LOCKSMITH RIP OFF ATLAS LOCKSMITH, Internet

Incident occurred 4/27/12:

DO NOT EVER use this locksmith. Did a google search for locksmith in Gilbert, AZ. Atlas Locksmith was one of the first listed. That's easy, with a name that begins "A".

Without doing any research, shame on me, I called their phone # and a guy by the name of Ron picked up. I explained that we had a security door that needed re-keyed and 3 keys made for the door. Additionally, the deadbolt was sticking out and needed to be recessed. He told me $25.00 for service call and with all that needed to be done $67.50.

Keep in mind, I did specify that the dead-bolt was sticking out and needed to be recessed in the process. I told him everything I could about the job and he said, the cost is still $67.50 with my specifications.

Confident that it would be done, I received a call from my property manager that was onsite with one of Ron's locksmiths. She told me that the onsite locksmith was asking $135.00. Apparently, "there was more work involved". If that was the case, then why don't they charge you $25.00 service fee to check out the situation and as soon as they can make an assessment, then call you with a price quote?

Regardless, I felt like it was a SCAM, so I told them no deal, no payment. I had property manager ask the locksmith to walk away from the home, that his services were no longer needed. Whenever I feel the squeeze coming on, I say NO DEAL. Walk away and walk fast. Thankfully, this was a NON-EMERGENCY call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATLAS-LOCKSMITH/internet/ATLAS-LOCKSMITH-RIP-OFF-ATLAS-LOCKSMITH-Internet-882448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATLAS LOCKSMITH