Complaint Review: ATS CONSULTANTS, INC

• Updated: Sun, March 03, 2013

• Reported By: TruthTeller — Tamarac Florida United States of America
ATS CONSULTANTS, INC
1498 Reistertown Road Ste-777 Owings Mills, Maryland United States of America

ATS CONSULTANTS, INC ATS CONSULTANTS/BOB CHASE/JONATHAN RYAN LIES, DOES NOT HONOR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE Owings Mills, Maryland

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: CHECK THE JUICE

*Consumer Comment: Legit

*Author of original report: Rebuttal to reply to my report with additional info

*UPDATE Employee: Response from ATS Consultants

">
ATS CONSULTANTS offers a money back guarantee if you do not show a profit at end of season.
I was a client with them for several years, never made money, they would give me a discount for then next year or no charge.

I had the LOCK CLUB, ( not sure what year 2002, 2003 ,2004? and they lost most of the games they gave. At one point lost 15-20 in a  row. They got so desperate they were offering all of their players all their "BEST"plays for free, saying "we'll get it back'

My rep was Jonathan Ryan, Bob Chase's right hand man.
At the end of the season, I showed minus God knows how many units and claimed a refund.
They said send them the records which I did.

They first said, can you believe this.... (WE DON'T COUNT THE JUICE IN THE LOSSES).
Then they cherry picked the lines and disputed some of the lines.
They claimed 'we got back to even'.
I wrote them a letter threatening to go to the Federal Trade Commission, I would  not take another ATS LOCK Season for free, which they offered.

Finally, out of disgust, I accepted a letter signed by BOB CHASE giving me a FREE ATS LOCK CLUB any year I wanted to use it, and the right to sell or assign it to some one else.'
I will locate where I filed that letter if I need to.
I am so disgusted and still angry at their lack of any ethics at all

AND TO TOP THAT OFF, STARTING LAST YEAR, THEY STARTED EMAILING ME PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL.
I FINALLY EMAILED THEM WHO I WAS, REMINDED THEM ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE TOGETHER AND THE EMAILS STOPPED ABRUPTLY. THEY ARE SCUMBAGS AND LIARS WITH NO HONOR OR ETHICS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2011 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATS-CONSULTANTS-INC/Owings-Mills-Maryland-21208/ATS-CONSULTANTS-INC-ATS-CONSULTANTSBOB-CHASEJONATHAN-RYAN-LIES-DOES-NOT-HONOR-MONEY-B-711610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATS CONSULTANTS, INC

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

CHECK THE JUICE

AUTHOR: Thomasjczar - ()

you may be -6 units in one year but over $1,000 of dollars and more i mean like in just juice losses alone so that -6 makes it -99 or so.

Legit

AUTHOR: rorwatchdog - (United States of America)

The team at ATS Consultants certainly seems legitimate to me. With some investment opportunities you need to go all the way and the willingness of the individual to follow up here says alot about their customer support dedication.

Rebuttal to reply to my report with additional info

AUTHOR: TruthTeller - (United States of America)

regarding your response-
1- I had an arrangement with Jonathan Ryan to call him with my lines for puposes of mutual record keeping which he agreed to since I kept careful records.
2- I repeat- He told me at the end of the season, they do not count the 'juice' towards their record of units won. ( the only sports service that I know of that ever would do that- totally appalling).
3- The guarantee applied to either "club", lock or financial. Think about it, the "Lock Club" was supposed be their best picks. Why guarantee their lower picks and not their best picks. I would not have joined the Lock Club without the guarantee.
4-Anyone in the Financial Club is agressively promoted every weekend to buy the lock club or special picks for that weekend.
5- I only rejoined each year because of discounts offered to rejoin because of the minimal or poor performance the year before. They have their sales skills down to a science.
6- The year I referred to was so poor- I specifically remember at least losing 10 in a row at some point, and being down at least 60 units at least, that they were scrambling and offering hockey, basketball and everything they  could for free to try to get it back.
7- At the end of the football season, I was way down- claimed my refund as per the guarantee, they requested my records which I submitted, then cherry picked the lines on all the close games, and also told me WE DO NOT COUNT THE JUICE.
I threated to sue and/ or report them to the FTC, etc. and finally out of disgust with the whole experience, tired of the back and forth, and deciding not to sports gamble any more since they busted my reasonable bankroll, accepted an offer of a letter signed by Bob Chase to have a Free Lock Club Membership which I could use, sell, or assign, which I never used.
Think about it, a Free Membership which I never used. That speaks for itself about my overall experience with this company.
8-Any member will notice when they have a winning week, they have big headlines on their site for the week before, when they lose, they have other info, or will only publicize games they won but not the overall performace for that weekend, etc. I am a business man with an impeccable reputation, and this company does not tell the overall honest truth, slants the info they publicize, and did not honor their money back guarantee.
9-I challenge the company to show that they ever have honored their money back guarantee to their clients when, as you have even admitted, they have not had a winning year in football, basketball, hockey, or baseball.
I TRUSTED THEM AND SHOULD HAVE REPORTED THEM TO THE FTC. I WISH I HAD DONE SO TO BRING THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES TO THE LIGHT OF DAY.

Response from ATS Consultants

AUTHOR: kevin baker - (Virgin Islands (US))

Ill preface my response by stating that I regret to learn your parting experience with ATS Consultants was not favorable.  Throughout the 20 years ATS has been in the industry, it has had many success stories and, on occasion, some tough losses.  During these times, ATS can only strive to offer exemplary customer service.  I apologize if you did not receive the benefit of this policy and am hopeful that you will allow ATS to make amends.

As you know, ATS offers two levels of play, the Financial Package program and the Lock Club program.  The Financial Package has a performance based money back guarantee.  The Lock Club program does not.  This guarantee states that if the Financial Package is not profitable by the end of the season based on the unit ratings and lines provided by ATS, a full refund of the enrollment fee will be honored.  Please note that ATS does research the best case scenario for finding point spreads and, accordingly, will use that as a benchmark.  ATS clients are encouraged to do so as well.  It is possible, however, that the line you are able to obtain will differ from the one provided.  The time of day you call to receive selections or the book that you choose will influence the line.

As a client of ATS since 1993, I note that your first experience with ATS was with the Financial Package, after which you upgraded to the Lock Club the following season.  Records indicate a small profit of +36 Units for that year.  You subsequently enrolled in our programs for the next eight years.  You chose to spend a great deal of money with ATS for one very good reason ATS won for you.  Then in 2001, ATS incurred an uncharacteristic down Football season.  ATS stepped up and did the right thing by offering your compensatory service.  You accepted a free membership in the Basketball Lock Club, a program that posted a considerable profit for the season.

In the 20 years ATS has been in business, ATS has never come close to "losing most of the games gave out".  ATS has certainly had flat seasons.  And on those occasions, ATS recognizes the importance of client satisfaction and offers compensation accordingly.  Whether it be monetary refunds, discounted memberships or complementary service, ATS has and will continue to stand behind its clients.  It is important to note, however, that such action is only discussed at seasons end.  To my knowledge, ATS has never been "so desperate" that it felt compelled to offer ALL our Financial Package clients the Lock Club selections for free.  This simply did not happen.

The 2000 season posted record profits in both Football and Basketball a total pick up of over 500+ Units.  In 2001 ATS gave back -22 Units in Football. This is the season you are talking about.  It is interesting to note that ATS compensated you for this loss with a free membership in the Basketball Lock Club, a $2500 value.  This season was also quite profitable; yet you chose to disappear until 2010.  Now, I know wagering in Basketball can be a roller coaster. I can only presume that ATS experienced a down run during the season and despite all the previous winners you opted to quit.  Although the season tally was well in the plus, some clients over extend their play and are unable to weather a bad run.  Perhaps this was your situation? If so, I am open to discussing a remedy with you, as we strive to not have any client leave on bad terms.

ATS has been on winning seasons in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.  We lost -6 Units in 2006 and promptly returned to a winning run again for 2007, 2008 and 2009.  The 2010 season broke even.   I can appreciate that you had some losses with ATS. No one likes to lose and this game is tough to weather the storm at times.  I am fully confident, however, that had you decided to stick out that final season with ATS you would have made significant profits in both Football and Basketball.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your account with you personally to locate where you quit playing in the 2001 Basketball Lock Club season.  Clearly there was a communication breakdown between yourself and your representative.  Your representative should have frozen your account and offered open credit to be used at a later date of your choosing.  Please email me at customerservice@atssportsline.com.  I would like to personally review your account with you to determine if compensation is warranted.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC