Complaint Review: AT&T Advertising Solutions

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 19, 2011

• Reported By: Brandie — San Leandro California United States of America
AT&T Advertising Solutions

AT&T Advertising Solutions FRAUDULANT, DECEPTIVE, NEVER SIGNED CONTRACT NOW THREATENING LEGAL ACTION FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS INTERNET

*Author of original report: amount correction

Sales rep called my husband. He offered pay per call advertising at $10 a call over a certain number of seconds to ensure call was accepted. Only accepted calls would be billed. My husband consulted me, I told him we want everything in writing, send us the contract. Husband told the rep send it to us in writing.

Contract was received. At the time we were contemplating shutting down the business as business was slow and I didn't want to commit to anything so we never signed or returned the contract.

And then the calls started.

We have called several times to disconnect the number they use to forward calls to us. Some times they would "look into the problem" some would tell us they would disconnect it but they never stopped coming.

These calls are forwarded to my husband's cell phone. He has not been accepting them. Which leads me to their lies:

#1 verbally he was told $10 per call, we are being charged $14 per call

#2 only answered calls would be charged. He does not answer any calls and is being charged for all of them.

They have played a recording of him "agreeing" to the contract. Of course this recording does not include their conversation covering pricing or him telling them we wanted to see it all in writing first. The contract we received included a proof of the ad, which we never approved.

Now we "owe" thousands of dollars and they are threatening to go to court and garnish his wages.

I don't even understand how they are allowed to present themselves as affiliates of AT&T. They use the AT&T logo on their website but when asked they are not affiliated with AT&T.

I am going to attempt to write a letter to their legal department. I find it interesting their customer service reps have it so readily available.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2011 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Advertising-Solutions/internet/ATT-Advertising-Solutions-FRAUDULANT-DECEPTIVE-NEVER-SIGNED-CONTRACT-NOW-THREATENING-L-767178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Advertising Solutions

amount correction

AUTHOR: Brandie - (USA)

The amount we owe is not "thousands". Approx $1500. Still a ridiculous amount for a service we did not authorize.