Complaint Review: AT&T And Solo Communications

AT&T And Solo Communications
Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

AT&T And Solo Communications ripoff phonescam identity theft Clearwater Florida

*Author of original report: Possible fax number for AT&T Help Support Desk

My elderly mother called me at work to say that she had found a charge on her monthly phone bill that she did not recognize. When she called the service, Solo Communication, they told her that I had authorized this service for her, so she called me to ask about it. I assured her that I have never heard of this company, and immediately looked it up on the internet, and found that other people are being scammed by this company also.

I advised her to call AT&T and tell them that she did not authorize this service, and then to call Solo communications and tell them that she has contacted AT&T and told them that this is an unauthorized charge and to remove it immediately and refund any money they have previously charged her, if any.

Imagine my surprise when she called me back in tears to say that AT&T told her she would HAVE to pay the charge and that there was nothing they could do about it. I am filing this report, making a copy, and faxing copies to AT&T TODAY. AT&T: Do the responsible thing! Don't let companies take advantage of elderly people on fixed incomes. Shame on you.

Judy
Antlers, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-And-Solo-Communications/Clearwater-Florida/ATT-And-Solo-Communications-ripoff-phonescam-identity-theft-Clearwater-Florida-357426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T And Solo Communications

Possible fax number for AT&T Help Support Desk

AUTHOR: Judy - (U.S.A.)

I am providing this possible fax number for AT&T. I have faxed them the copy of my report on this website in the hopes that it will get someone's attention. I realize this is a number for Oklahoma City AT&T, but I would imagine if enough people use this fax to send copies of their own complaints, someone would have to take it seriously.

Also, if anyone else has any fax numbers, I would be willing to fax several copies to multiple faxes to get someone's attention at AT&T!

P.S. The first time I faxed, it showed busy. I'm hoping I can get through. I sympathize will everyone out there who has been ripped off. I'm angry that the people at Solo told my mother that "I" authorized it--and even angrier that they are trying to take advantage of my elderly parent!!