Complaint Review: AT&T Authorized retailer

• Updated: Sun, April 14, 2013

• Reported By: cgjones — St. Louis Missouri
AT&T Authorized retailer
7345 South Lindbergh Boulevard St. Louis, Missouri United States of America

AT&T Authorized retailer Deceptive & keeps your money when THEY make mistakes St. Louis, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Its true

This location is an "authorized" retailer, and has been a NIGHTMARE to work with.  It has turned over management since we originally purchased our phones which has only added to the chaos. My husband and I switched to ATT from another carrier because of the corporate discount he's eligible for. We were there close to closing time and on a weekend so he was required to bring the paperwork for the corporate benefits another day. He returned the following Monday and dropped off the paperwork IN PERSON. Three billing cycles later when our bills were still incorrect we called the store. The rep that the management had recently switched over and the paperwork had been lost. We had to fight ATT dirctly to get everything straightened out. They were running a special at the time where we were supposed to have our activation fee refunded once the store got our corporate paperwork, but they never did since they lost the paperwork. Convenient for them that we got to fight ATT and they got to keep our cash.

Secondly, when we were there, they offered us a roll-over insurance policy through DP+. They told us it was a policy they offered through a company they "worked with". It was NEVER mention that it was a totally in-house program--the company they were working with was themselves! It was presented as a third party program they offered. We signed up and paid for our 2 year contract in advance planning to roll over the insurance when we renewed our contract. Well, it's renewal time now and we recently found out we need to purchase the phones through the corporate program. Come to find out, not only is it an in house program, if I dont purchase my phone from one of their stores I dont get my roll over. BUT I can have instead...$130 worth of ACCESSORIES...The man that rushed us through the contract NEVER mentioned who "Custom Communications" was or that the company is a limited number of stores in the metro area. The man rushed us through the signing since it was almost closing time and now we realize never did not provide us a copy of the contract (where it said I had 30 days to cancel) instead gave us a brochure. Neither my husband or I have made a claim on this insurance, and the current management kindly emailed me a copy of the contact when they found out I didnt have one for the sole purpose of refusing to offer me any other compensation than we can each have $130 worth of accessories. No apologies for the previous representatives lack of professionalism, failure to provide me a copy of the contract, and evasiveness with the terms. All I want is my money back and to cut ties with this deceptive company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Authorized-retailer/-St-Louis-Missouri-63125/ATT-Authorized-retailer-Deceptive-keeps-your-money-when-THEY-make-mistakes-St-Louis-1037763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Authorized retailer

Its true

AUTHOR: 1tinsoldier - ()

1. This extends further than a local merchant, I have filed a complaint against AT&T with the FCC. they abused many times my banking information, I do believe they even hacked onto my online account, I have documents proving that they tampered with my online billing as well. I am disabled, they never had auto draft set up, I cant figure how wells fargo let them do it, when I caught what was going on, I reported it to the bank, AT&T still came through the back door, suspended my accoubt,the FCC calls it craming,