Complaint Review: AT&T Broadband

• Updated: Thu, January 14, 2010

• Reported By: AT&TUser — Bessemer Alabama United States of America
AT&T Broadband

AT&T Broadband DSL price reduction not applied to bill as promised Internet

I called AT&T to tell them that I got a better deal on DSL Service through our cable company.  The first AT&T representative told me they had nothing to beat their cost.  I asked to speak to the customer retention specialist since I've been a AT&T customer since 1988.

The customer retention specialist offered to give me a 50% discount on my DSL service for 6 months.  I agreed to this.  When I received the next month's bill, I noticed my bill had gone up not down.  There was no reduction applied to my DSL service.

I will call them in the morning and ask about this, but I wonder if AT&T thought I wouldn't notice this.  The cable company offers faster broadband plus telephone service cheaper than AT&T.  And I am almost certain if I switched to cable service, AT&T will offer me money to switch back next year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2010 12:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Broadband/internet/ATT-Broadband-DSL-price-reduction-not-applied-to-bill-as-promised-Internet-554180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Broadband