Alabama

ATT - CINGULAR
att.com Internet U.S.A.

ATT - CINGULAR RIPOFF ATT TEXT MESSAGES Internet

Dear ATT,

I have finally figured out why my text message service quit working. At some point when ATT took over Cingular they changed the Text Message address. I was still trying to send to the old address :(@mobile.att.net). No one with ATT or Cingular told me or explained that the address has changed to:(@txt.att.net) "new address".

I contacted customer service about this several times and also went online for help. I even went to your store several times for help, they all told me the same thing: That I did not ever have Text Message service. However I can pull up several years of back bills and show you were ATT/Cingular/ATT charged me for this service on a monthly basis. It is hard for me to believe that ATT service Reps did not catch this with other customers accounts.

I was never told that the text message address was changed.

I feel RiPp-OFF by ATT for this service blunder. I just wonder how long my text message did not work and how many text messages I did not receive. I further cannot understand why the employees of ATT took the stand not to help me in this manner. EVen when I changed my plan 2 weeks ago the rep at the store did not explain to me these changes. I figured out this weekend that the addresses had changed.

I do not like this type of customer service and while I am on it; the manger at that Marianna store has got a bad attitude, that is why I only deal with you ATT.

I started with ATT when they were brand new company in Miami, Florida, they only had one store then ( in the Miami Area ). I feel like I should receive better service from the tech department and from the so-called trained customer service people.

This whole manner has left me with a bad taste for ATT. I am not satisfied with this treatment and feel RiPp-OfFF for good.
Thanks again for NOTHING!!!

Andrew
Altha, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-CINGULAR/internet/ATT-CINGULAR-RIPOFF-ATT-TEXT-MESSAGES-Internet-264140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT - CINGULAR