Complaint Review: ATT - Cingular

• Reported By:Cleveland Heights Ohio
ATT - Cingular
att.com Internet U.S.A.

ATT - Cingular Rebate Ripoff Internet

I signed up for the bundle package including Home phone, DSL, and 2 Cingular cell phones to receive a discount and rebates. ($550 first bill) This was in July 2006 and it is now December. I called in August to verify that my rebates ($100 for each phone, $60 for activation) becuase there was nothing to send in like the modem. The rep said take it take 6-8 weeks to receive the rebates so I waited.

I received the $50 rebate for the modem promptly and then called back on 10/25/06 to find out where my $260 rebate was. I was told then that the rebates had not been started yet and would be started on that date and take 6-8 weeks from then. I called and emailed complaints in the beginning and middle of December and finally received 1 of the 2 $100 gift cards. However, I was told that the second was not going to ship until at least January 9th. That is 6 months from when the timer was supposed to start.

I was repeatedly bounced from Cingular to ATT to the Combined billing department, but no one could answer why this was taking so long. Then they offered to give me a bill credit for the $260, but that was going to take 1-2 billing cycles. This would have put me into Febuary 2007! I declined because the rebates should have all been received by Christmas.

Please contact me if this happened to you. I emailed them that I was going to start a class action lawsuit against them for Fraud. When my contract is up there is 0% chance I will stay with Cingular.

Thanks for reading,

TJ
Cleveland Heights, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2006 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Cingular/internet/ATT-Cingular-Rebate-Ripoff-Internet-227585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT - Cingular