Complaint Review: AT&T Communications

• Submitted: Tue, July 20, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, July 20, 2004

• Reported By:Chandler Arizona
AT&T Communications
7300 W. Hampton Rd Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

AT&T Communications Fraudulent Credit Reporting Poor Record Keeping of Receivables Mesa Arizona

I worked for AT&T from August 1996 until May 2000 when I resigned. After I quit, I received paychecks for 2 weeks longer than I was supposed to. I called them to report it & they immediatley sent out a formal letter demanding repayment. No Problem!

I paid them off over the course of 2 months because I wasn't working (I quit to stay home with a new baby & was on a budget), but I did pay them in full. I never thought or heard anything about it again.

Five years almost, have gone by, when today I find out they reported $399. balance owing January 2004 to the credit bureaus. They sent my collection account to Diversified Services Group, an Arizona/Illinois based collection bureau & they too, have reported this to my report.

I have tried contacting both AT&T payroll, which was unsuccessful- they told me to call Diversified Services, which I did, and that was not helpful either. I have also sent emails to these companies from their websites begging for someone to help me resolve this.

I am also disputing it with the credit bureaus so maybe that will help but as of right now I have a negative charge off that is not my fault, has been paid years ago & is a result of the overpaid & lazy staff AT&T employs! I was sending a woman in payroll money orders & only she knows where or how she applied them.

Denice
Chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2004 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Communications/Mesa-Arizona-85226/ATT-Communications-Fraudulent-Credit-Reporting-Poor-Record-Keeping-of-Receivables-Mesa-Ar-99758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Communications