Complaint Review: AT&T DSL

• Submitted: Wed, January 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 16, 2008

• Reported By:Sunnyvale California
AT&T DSL
http://www.att.com/ Sunnyvale, California U.S.A.

AT&T DSL Promised Speeds never met plus they did not do a thing to fix it. Sunnyvale California

I own a mom and pop version of a UPS Store here in Sunnyvale, CA. I don't really need really fast internet and well did not want to spend a butt load of money on internet since I only need it really for UPS and FEDEX, so I called AT&T DSL to order their Business DSL. I currently have multiple lines with them and the DSL and the total bill monthly comes higher then hundred and fifty dollars. I got the DSL a couple of years ago but know the speeds have gotten so slow that it is some times as fast as 56k. So, I called AT&T hoping that since I have their business DSL that they would come out and help me fix the problem.

So the first time I call them they said okay we will watch the line for 24hrs and see if there is a problem. Fine, they call back and said they were sending out a tech to my store to see what the problem is and to fix it. The tech comes out and changes a wire out on the main box. That did not fix the problem, but he did not know anything more to do so he said well that all I know. The wire helped a little from then the speeds only go down to 100-150kbs not lower, but hardly the speeds they guarantee on the advertisement or boast about.

Couple of month later the speed started to get on my nervous again so I called them back to have it fixed. Again the same line test thing and again they sent out a tech. This one checked the speed rebooted the modem and said the wiring must be bad in the store. I question him how is it that the phone calls and the faxes are not affected if the supposed line were bad; his response well I dont know.

I gave up on these guys for a year just did what I had to with slow internet. Then my neighbor who happens to have upgraded to them too is getting the same speed as I he is also complaining and nothing. I will move all my stuff over to Comcast or some other company other than AT&T.

Bottom line screw AT&T DSL all they care about is taking your money and not fixing the problem.

Sanjay
Sunnyvale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-DSL/Sunnyvale-California-94085/ATT-DSL-Promised-Speeds-never-met-plus-they-did-not-do-a-thing-to-fix-it-Sunnyvale-Calif-300751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T DSL