Complaint Review: AT&T, Enhanced Billing Services, ILD, OAN

• Submitted: Fri, October 24, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 24, 2008

• Reported By:Huntsville Alabama
AT&T, Enhanced Billing Services, ILD, OAN
.att.com Huntsville, Alabama U.S.A.

AT&T, Enhanced Billing Services, ILD, OAN Theft via phone bill Huntsville Alabama

AT&T bill contains charges from 3 different "companies" we've never heard of; research proves them to be "billing clearinghouses". Read: these outfits bill you for services you never requested via your phone bill and AT&T apparently receives some kickback for same.

AT&T says can put 3rd party block on your phone, but that these thieves will just bill you directly. AT&T claims it MUST bill you for charges that are submitted to them and NO VERIFICATION of your ordering, requesting, whatever is required!

AT&T directed me to call each "company" which I did and was told they would refund 1 month, (we inadvertently paid 4 months before we realized these extra charges were on the bill). Further arguing got them to offer 2 month, then 3 month refund.

I advised these people that unless a full refund of all monies robbed from me was not forthcoming, I would file a class action lawsuit. I recommend anyone similarly situated do the same. If you live in Alabama, contact me; if you live elsewhere, organize your fellow victims so we can end this outrage!

Other avenues I urge you to pursue: file a complaint with the FCC, Public Utility Commission, FTC, state attorney general, and your local BBB. Innocent people, like you and me, are being victmized and by the way, these people can adversely affect your credit which can have severe and long term effects.

Isocamelot
Huntsville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2008 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Enhanced-Billing-Services-ILD-OAN/Huntsville-Alabama-35802/ATT-Enhanced-Billing-Services-ILD-OAN-Theft-via-phone-bill-Huntsville-Alabama-384384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T, Enhanced Billing Services, ILD, OAN