Complaint Review: AT&T GO PHONE

• Reported By: Crissy — Ramona California United States of America
AT&T GO PHONE
SAN DIEGO, California United States of America

AT&T GO PHONE is a TOTAL SCAM SAN DIEGO, California

We were working on a project in an unincorporated area where limited cell phone service was available.    Project regulations required us to have at least 1 working phone on site to proceed with work.  On December 14, 2011 we purchased 2 at&t go phones.  In the 6 months since the purchase of these phones we have maybe used $30 worth of phone charges, but have spent $100.00 refilling the cards for minimal usage (emergency use only).

Our work in those areas has wound down & for the past 3 months there has been no need to "Pay as you go" so to speak.  But Today June 25th we had the need to go back and work at one of the sites.  I went on line to add to the card (that should have had $40 at least riding on it) so that we could be in compliance.

AT&T happily took the $15.00 increase to the value of the account, but the Phone still would not work.

Two hours later, I find out that not only has our money been robbed, but they have sold our numbers to someone else, which will require us to spend an additionall $50 to purchase another SIM card to be able to reactivate service on the 2 phones.

We spent $65 on the phones, purchased $100 worth of airtime, used $30 worth of phone calls (as best as I can assess base on the absorbanant rates) only to find that they need us to Drive 10 miles to go to an AT&T store to purchase additional sim card to make our $65 phones work again and do this all over again in the next 6 months???

SCAM!!!!!!  With AT&T's customer service (1 hour on hold trying to get the refund for adding money to my account which was then transfered to the new owner of the phone # that they sold under my nose) I can see why they are still in business.  They are straight up THEIVES!!!

I hate APPLE, but I can tell you that at least Apple gives you a kiss from time to time.  AT&T is just straight up raping the population with this scam.

Bad Form!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-GO-PHONE/SAN-DIEGO-California-/ATT-GO-PHONE-is-a-TOTAL-SCAM-SAN-DIEGO-California-902721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T GO PHONE