Complaint Review: AT&T Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, June 03, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — San Antonio Texas
AT&T Inc.
175 E. Houston St. San Antonio, Texas USA

AT&T Inc. Whistle Blower -- The UNSEEN Refunds by AT&T Carolyn Spell San Antonio Texas

Whistle Blower  -- The UNSEEN Refunds by AT&T Carolyn Spell.

Regarding: Carolyn Spell; AT&T Mobility Customer Service Manager
Phone: (210) 821-4105  HQ Phone
Email: cg4742@att.com

AT&T Inc.
175 E. Houston St.
San Antonio, Texas 78205
United States

I’ve been working in the same department for several years with Carolyn Spell; AT&T Mobility Customer Service Manager. I have seen her in action and would not want to cross her as she could get me fired in a heartbeat. We have an unspoken rule at the office that if anyone says anything about someone else they would get to the bottom of it, so as a whistle blower, I would be terminated instantly.  I have a family to consider and in this economy, being terminated means never working again.  This is very difficult for me, since I used to lookup to Carolyn Spell, however at this point I can’t hold back anymore.

Carolyn Spell has been moving funds from customer based over charges to her own account for at least the past 2-3 year. She is one of the most clever embezzler, I’ve ever seen. She makes direct contact with customers that have problems and then demands huge payments from them due to some arbitrary issue and threatens to disconnect their mobile phones from both private and business accounts. She even sends out letters to these hen picked targets. The payments are almost always made as the customers don’t want to lose their long term phone numbers.

Then as these penalty and over charge payments come in to AT&T, she reverses the charges, but makes the refunds go to her own account, but not in her own name. I’ve seen it happen many times, as I’ve seen her computer screen doing credits, and they always go into a different account other than the customers account. There is no reason a credit or refund should be made to a different bank credit card account. This seems to be happening a lot lately, it could be as often as 5-6 times a day. Most of these over charges charges range from $300-$600.  I’ve told my husband and he’s furious about this but I can’t do anything but to write about it here.

I’m sure if there was an audit of these refunds and a cross check to where the refunds go it will be a real eye opener.  I can’t say anything to anyone in my department as it’s too close of a buddy system here.  This needs to be done anonymously and let the dust settle on it’s own.  I hope this gets forwarded to someone at AT&T that will not let her get away with this. This kind of over billing causes a lot of grief for our customers and then it compounds the theft from AT&T, even if this doesn’t put a pinch on AT&T’s revenues.  The unseen refunds.

Anonymous whistle blower

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Inc-/San-Antonio-Texas-78205/ATT-Inc-Whistle-Blower-The-UNSEEN-Refunds-by-ATT-Carolyn-Spell-San-Antonio-Texas-1056102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Inc.