Complaint Review: AT&T Landline and DSL

• Updated: Sun, March 13, 2011

• Reported By: David — Los Angeles California United States of America
AT&T Landline and DSL
Los Angeles, California United States of America

AT&T Landline and DSL AT&T Static lines causing intermitent DSL service Los Angeles, California

The phone lines and equipment used by AT&T in the Los Angeles Area is extremely old.

Due to the poor condition of equipment and lines the phone service has static. We have called  repeatedly to company which sends repair people who confirm it isn't our phones but the lines coming in from their equipment.

Their techs try to correct the problem but it soon has static again. Each time they repair the lines, the service gets worse. The techs try their best but they can't do much more than put on a bandaid to correct the problem.

Due to the poor lines the AT&T DSL lines are intermittent at best. I have been told by AT&T DSL repair service that until the phone lines are corrected I can never count on any DSL service. I am disabled and use the internet to communicate. Currently I have a problem with my new computer and the company needs to use remote access to correct my problem. But, since my DSL goes on and off a connection can't be completed.

I have spent hours on the phone with AT&T without any permanent solution. I don't know how to get AT&T to update their equipment and lines.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2011 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Landline-and-DSL/Los-Angeles-California-90035/ATT-Landline-and-DSL-ATT-Static-lines-causing-intermitent-DSL-service-Los-Angeles-Cali-705535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Landline and DSL