Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

• Updated: Sun, August 15, 2010

• Reported By: Bryant — San Diego California United States of America
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless
5565 Glenridge Connector Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless Cingular Wireless Warranty Unhonored, Refund, Replacement, Handset Atlanta, Georgia

I purchased a blackberry curve 8320 back in December of 2008. I had so many issues with the device in terms of keyboard/buttons not responding that AT&T replaced the device with the Blackberry bold 9000, I have continued to have issues with the device and have continued to exchange it via warranty without issue. (please note that even though the initial warranty only lasts 1 year, every time a phone is exchanged via the warranty department there is a 90 day warranty that comes with the replacement.

Recently I have been having a plethora of dropped calls/failed to initiate calls and contacted the warranty department to get an exchange. I was told that even though the replacement handset is still under warranty, due to the amount of exchanges with this phone, I am not eligible for a warranty replacement.

I explained to the customer service rep that they do not have the right to deny warranty coverage due to 'excessive' replacements. I keep all of my phones in pristine condition and the warranty is not voided on any of them. I was then bounced to blackberry (RIM) to handle the replacement. RIM informed me that AT&T was required to honor the replacement request, and they conferenced AT&T in and informed the Cust. service rep that they were to do so.

After hanging up, the CSR told me that they request would not be honored because the warranty department is requiring me to use my 'upgrade' to purchase a new phone.

believe that it is not correct that a company can simply choose to not honor their warranty. I requested that if the company was not going to honor the warranty that they refund the original price of the original phone. I was of course, denied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2010 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless/Atlanta-Georgia-30342/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless-Cingular-Wireless-Warranty-Unhonored-Refund-Replacement-631651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless