Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Kingston Massachusetts
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless
120 Union Street, Braintree MA 02184 Hanover, Massachusetts U.S.A.

*Author of original report: AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless - UNFAIR LABOR PRACTRICES' Braintree Hanover Massachusetts

I was "Terminated" 4 weeks ago due to "retaliatory" actions of my area manager, I was terminated for creating a "Hostile" work environment? This is a smokescreen or an excuse. But the truth is, I mentioned to him a few months prior about a head injury I had when I was 17, I'm now 31 which resulted with me needing mild supplementary medication.

ie: EMPLOYMENT LAW mass.gov/DUA

COPY of email to union Representative.

enclosure

Geophrey
Kingston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless/Hanover-Massachusetts/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless-UNFAIR-LABOR-PRACTRICES-Braintree-Hanover-Massachusetts-406219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

AUTHOR: ATT Mobility Hates people with Drisabilities!!!!!! - (U.S.A.)

I was "Terminated" in November, in my oppinion entirely due to "retaliatory" actions of my area manager, I was terminated for creating a "Hostile" work environment? This is a smokescreen or an excuse. But the truth is, I mentioned to him a few months prior about a head injury I had when I was 17, I'm now 31 which resulted with me needing mild supplementary medication. Anyway, I'm just trying to get the word out about the injustice in the workplace at AT&T Mobility for people who have had disabilities. ie: EMPLOYMENT LAW mass.gov/DUA [[[Massachusetts employers with six or more employees are prohibited from discriminating against employees based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, and genetics. In addition, employers have an affirmative responsibility to provide maternity leave to biological and adoptive parents.]]] COPY of email to union Representative. Hi (union rep), I wanted to write you and let you know my side of the story. A customer brought up a fact about the "election" and the president elect. The 20 something year old customer said "well at least he half white" I agreed (factual data). Also stated that we need to respect that office no matter who is elected. That he could be a she or he could be Mexican Portuguese white Norwegian kept it short and sweet.. Customer left quickly and was just stopping to look at phones and eventually left store After customer left store, my co-worker said, you know Puerto Rof icans really get upset if you call them Mexicans, Mexicans are "Dirty", I replied that we were all the same we are all just people. Also, wanted to make you aware that prior to that meeting I had attempted to apologize to my co-worker numerous times but she wouldn't accept the apologies for somehow offending her. After this whole "small" incident, I contacted my CWA Union Rep, he advised me to contact HR for American with Disabilities act paperwork, I did, filled it out and set an appointment for my Nueropsychological Evaluation follow up, but they fired me! Now I'm just trying to get a job, I'm outraged!!! Now I don't have Med Ins to pay for this? enclosure Anyway, if you can help me offer advice or have an avenue to spread the word, please let me know that this co at this point is unfriendly toward people who have had disabilities. My contact info is below... And you could give this whole thing a shout over the airwaves, to make the VP and Fortune 10 Corporation do something about AT&T's interpretation of the Americans With Disabilities Act... Call your state representatives and tell them about AT&T Mobility's Unfair Labor Practices against Adults with Disabilities "Retalitory Action" is blatant infringement of state law. Geophrey Kingston, Massachusetts