Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

• Updated: Wed, November 25, 2009

• Reported By: Robert — Midlothian Virginia United States of America
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless
Midlothian, Virginia United States of America

AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless AT&T Mobility continued to charge me for service for two months after I switched to Verizon, charged me an end of contract fee after the 2 years had expired and sent me to a collection agency for the extra $700! Midlothian, Virginia

I changed my wireless service on August 5th to Verizon from AT&T. I had been a Cingular customer, then AT&T for more than 6 years. I switched because AT&T service didn't work at my new job location--my boss informed me I had to switch if I wanted cell service. Verizon switched over my number, and I never again had access to AT&T services, nor did I call since my only phones were now Verizon linked (easy to prove).

BUT, I got a bill for $700 for August and Sept. service in Sept! It included over $300 for "breaking my contract" plus monthly service. Then it got worse--they turned me over to SW Credit Collection Systems, which tacked on $300 more, so now I'm at $1100!

I filed a "dispute" with AT&T, but they decided they were in the right (surprise--the crook decided his own guilt or innocence). The collection agency and I are fighting it out, and AT&T Mobility will not talk to me about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless/Midlothian-Virginia-23113/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless-ATT-Mobility-continued-to-charge-me-for-service-for-two-mon-528430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless