Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

• Updated: Thu, July 08, 2010

• Reported By: D.Cierley — Buckeye Arizona United States of America
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless FRAUDULENT EARLY TERMINATION FEES Internet

AT&T Wireless is charging a fraudulent early termination fee and has contradicting reasons for the fee. I was a customer for five + years and decided to go with another provider due to cheaper rates and more features. Paid through end of billing cycle, contract on one phone ended prior month and other phone was to end on 16th. of the present month, since I paid for both phones through to the end of the billing cycle there should not be an early termination fee. They are billing me early termination fees in the amount of $175.00 per phone and refuse to change it unless I return as a customer. Their customer service is very unprofessional, when you ask to speak to a manager they respond with they are just going to tell you the same thing, so chances are that you are being handed off to another flunky that has no customer service experience that does not care if you return as a customer or not. Regardless of the outcome of this rediculous charge, I am not giving them a penny of my hard earned money for this fee or will I ever have anything to do with AT&T ever again. I hope someone with some authority at AT&T reads this and makes some changes in their customer service department (like fire every one of them and starts from scratch). I am going to fight to the end with this one. Their service reps are banking on that I don't have a copy of my contract and don't know the terms. I do have my contract and every billing statement. If there were a early termination fee, that would apply to one phone for a period of ten days and then they would owe me a pro-rated amount for paying through the end of the billing cycle. It seems like the bigger the company gets the bigger the rip-offs get. Don't do business with AT&T period, they are a large Corporation that thinks they have a big enough customer base that they don't have to service the customer any longer. If I am going to pay high fees, I want top rated services, because I get more features for less cost with Sprint. I will not pay the high rates for the crappy service AT&T provides. AT&T will be feeling the effects of their customer service real soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless/internet/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless-FRAUDULENT-EARLY-TERMINATION-FEES-Internet-621484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless