Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, June 12, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, June 12, 2010

• Reported By: Steve — mcdonough Georgia U.S.A.
AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless
5565 Glenridge Dr. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342 mcdonough, Georgia United States of America

AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless Forcing to pay for a data service package not needed nor used nor requested mcdonough, Georgia

for 2 years I have been using a phone with a full keypad so that I can text my kids as I can not use the number pad to text.  have been paying for the texting package.

last night I get a text from at&t stating that my phone requires a data package - and that they have adjusted the rate plan upward of $30 dollars a month.

I did not request the data package nor do I want the data package - I have no need for email or web surfing on my phone.

called at&t to dispute this and was told that they could not do anything about the situation and that I have to take the data service due to the type of phone i use.

so now it is not the service that you use that dictates the offering you chose but the device you use dictates the charges.  how messed up is that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2010 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless/mcdonough-Georgia-30252/ATT-Mobility-ATT-Wireless-Forcing-to-pay-for-a-data-service-package-not-needed-nor-us-613383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility - AT&T Wireless