Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility

• Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By: NS — SF California United States of America
AT&T Mobility
3555 Geary Blvd San Francisco, California United States of America

AT&T Mobility Representatives Jon and Yulipo Told I had to upgrade my phone, they TOOK my phone ($400), replaced with cheap, but also defective phone. Later found they shouldn't have taken my phone. San Francisco, California

These folks are misinformed and dispense consistently incorrect or false information about phones and services. The icing on the cake is that they're pretty condescending, as well. In December of 2010, AT&T Wireless informed me that my phone was no longer being supported and that I had no choice but to upgrade my phone. They took my $400 RAZR and replaced it with a really substandard phone. I had no idea they were going to do this or I'd not have given it up. They scrambled my address book and wiped out all my photos and texts when transferring to the new phone though they assured me this would not happen. The new phone began to malfunction right away (shutting down when hitting "send" for texts, dropping calls, etc). My biggest mistake was to go back to this store location for help when ATT Tech Support stood me up for three consecutive commitment calls. Jon, the rep who helped me kept interrupting me while I was describing my issues and explaining what I needed. His responses clearly indicated that he hadn't listened to what I'd said at all. I went to another store in town. Equally as bad. I actually found a wonderful rep while on vacation in Florida and I traded for a better phone. However, that phone also began to malfunction. When I went back to 3555 Geary Blvd store (per ATT support's advice), I waited for 20 minutes for assistance, and when I was called, the FIRST thing that rep said to me was, "Okay, we're closing so we need to make this fast." He also interrupted and refused to look up my customer notes on the computer. He gave me blatently false information about my account and phone. He literally walked me toward the door and ushered me out (i left my car keys on the counter!!) Horrible, horrible, horrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility/San-Francisco-California-94118/ATT-Mobility-Representatives-Jon-and-Yulipo-Told-I-had-to-upgrade-my-phone-they-TOOK-my-900396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility