Complaint Review: AT&T Mobility

• Reported By: not happy — mathis Texas United States of America
AT&T Mobility
Nationwide United States of America

AT&T Mobility charged for cancelling free trail, Nationwide

I received a wireless USB modem on a 30-day returnable deal (no charge)in 9/09. The purpose was to access internet on a weekend trip. Rep guaranteed it'd work in that area, or return with no charges. It did not work at all.

I immediately called and returned modem, and never heard from AT&T again. Now, I see that they've placed a 'failed to pay' on my credit report in 5/10. I have never received anything from AT&T concerning this fraudulent amount; no calls, no letters, zilch.

The collections that have the debt refuse to show evidence I owe anything. AT&T says it's not their problem. Yes it is. Research shows this collection co. is prevailent with false AT&T charges. They won't even say what the charges are for.

I want this off my credit report and my report repaired immediately. I will be contacting the State Atty and the BBB today and filing a complaint. I did not receive any contract or sign anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 01:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Mobility/nationwide/ATT-Mobility-charged-for-cancelling-free-trail-Nationwide-684247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Mobility