Complaint Review: AT&T- Palisades Collection Agency

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, September 22, 2004

• Reported By:sumter South Carolina
AT&T- Palisades Collection Agency
www.at&t.com Hill AFB, Utah U.S.A.

AT&T- Palisades Collection Agency ripoff failure to close account after request to terminate services Hill AFB Utah

*Consumer Comment: did not sign up for at&t long distace but it shows on my experian that I owe them$39.00 for services that I did not authorize or ever use

Requested termination of services( Long Distance, Calling Card, and any additional services except local phone calls) in March 1999. Was in process of divorce at the time. The ex-spouse took the card and ran up a phone bill of $4230.

I got a bill from AT&T for that amount. I called and talked to a rep and told them that my services were terminated back in march and asked why I was recieving a bill from them. They said they did not terminate the calling card, and since some of the calls were placed to my residence (Ex-spouse was in Colorado at that time) that it was a domestic dispute and that I had to Pay the bill.

I told them that the bill was there responsability and that they screwed up and that I was not paying for a bill or sevice that was not mine. They of course reported it to Palisades collection agency and has since been on my credit report apparently. I only found this out do to applying for a mortgage and it showed up on my credit report in Jan 2004.

I was never contacted again by AT&T or Palisades about the matter. I have disputed the matter with the credit agencies. Pending me finding out a few more details about some things I have been informed of. I will be filing a lawsuit towards both agencies.

Travis
sumter, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2004 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Palisades-Collection-Agency/Hill-AFB-Utah-84056/ATT-Palisades-Collection-Agency-ripoff-failure-to-close-account-after-request-to-termina-79219. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T- Palisades Collection Agency

AUTHOR: Kenneth - (U.S.A.)

did not sign up for at&t long distace but it shows on my experian that I owe them$39.00 for services that I did not authorize or ever use.I want this blemish removed from credit reports, or I will once again report at&t's corrupt business practices to the attorney general of the state of texas and the PUC for the state of texas.

AUTHOR: Kenneth - (U.S.A.)