• Report: #207775

• Reported By:Clovis California
ATT, SBC DSL Equipment Rebate
att.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ATT,SBC DSL equipment rebate ripoff Nationwide, Internet

I ordered DSL from ATT in March of 2006. I was told that I would receive a rebate for the equipment I purchased for my DSL. I was told it would take 10-12 weeks. After 12 weeks I called and was told my rebate check was sent to the wrong address, and that a new check would be issued. I called a few weeks later to check the status and was told that my check couldn't have been mailed to the wrong address because it was AT&T's policy not to send a rebate check to an address other than the address the equipment was mailed to.

I found out that a replacement check was never requested. I then called again a few weeks later and a replacement check still had not been issued.

On July 20 I called and was promised that I would have the check within 2-3 weeks. I called 5 weeks later and was told an escalation was put on the check, but the customer service tech could not explain to me what "escalation" meant. I was also told there were no supervisors or managers that I could talk to to resolve this matter, and was basically told there is nothing they can do for me and that it wasn't their fault that I haven't received my check. I sure would like to know whos fault it is??? Do not order DSL from AT&T. Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with, and no one can give you a straight answer.

Heather
Clovis, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2006 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-SBC-DSL-Equipment-Rebate/nationwide/ATTSBC-DSL-equipment-rebate-ripoff-Nationwide-Internet-207775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT, SBC DSL Equipment Rebate