• Report: #206999

• Submitted: Sun, August 20, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 25, 2006

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
AT&T / SBC NV
PO Box 57907 Murray, Utah U.S.A.

AT&T / SBC NV Merge between AT&T and SBC causing online banking payment issues Murray Utah

*Author of original report: Finally Got My Refund

*Author of original report: Still no refund from AT&T

*Author of original report: No one at AT&T wants to help my bank and I resolve this issue

I use online banking to pay AT&T. The payments weren't getting credited to my AT&T account although I had confirmation numbers for the payments.

Working with the bank we found that AT&T and SBC (although claimed to be merged) have different payment addresses. My bank was sending payment to AT&T/SBC-NV and not AT&T. AT&T and AT&T/SBC-NV are not able to transfer payments among themselves.

After phone calls and faxed proof of payment from myself and my bank we were told that AT&T/SBC-NV would have to refund my 3 payments and then I could pay AT&T. AT&T/SBC-NV said this would take 2 to 3 weeks for them to research and refund the payment.

I was receiving phone calls daily from AT&T demanding payment. Each time I told the caller what was going on and giving them my claim number that AT&T had given me, asking them to document this so that the demand phone calls would stop.

The demand phone calls didn't stop. I called a AT&T representative who was very sympathetic and I ended making a payment with her just so the phone calls would stop.

AT&T/SBC-NV to this day has not refunded my money for payments I made through on line banking to the wrong AT&T.

Karen
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2006 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-SBC-NV/Murray-Utah-84157/ATT-SBC-NV-Merge-between-ATT-and-SBC-causing-online-banking-payment-issues-Murray-Utah-206999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T / SBC NV

Finally Got My Refund

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

AT&T finally refunded my money after I contacted the Federal Communications Commission.

Still no refund from AT&T

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Today is September 15, 2006 and still no refund check from AT&T. Called Bank of America but since it is after AT&T's business hours nothing could be accomplished. Bank of America will contact AT&T and see what they can find out.

No one at AT&T wants to help my bank and I resolve this issue

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

AT&T told my bank that I would be issued a refund on August 11, 2006 and to allow 10 business days for arrival in the US Mail. Today is August 30, 2006 and I haven't received a refund. I called AT&T and tried to find out the status of the refund Stacy ended hanging up on me. I contacted my bank and a 3-way call was made to AT&T only to be told that we had the wrong division. After 3 or 4 transfers between AT&T Long Distance and AT&T SBC-NV (and over and hour) no one was ever found that could or was willing to help. Bank says give it a few more days and see if I get the check in the mail and give them (the bank)a call back in a week if I don't and we can start all over again.