Complaint Review: AT&T, SBC

• Submitted: Sat, May 19, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 19, 2007

• Reported By:Mission Kansas
AT&T, SBC
att.com Kansas City, Missouri U.S.A.

AT&T, SBC Rewards for Referrals Program a Scam! Ripoff! Kansas City Missouri

AT&T's Rewards for Referrals promotion is a huge fraud. Under this promotion, ATT promises to send VISA gift cards when you refer customers to them who sign up for ATT service.

ON January 17th, 2007, I referred a friend who signed up for multiple services including DSL. It took ATT until April 07 to even acknowledge the referrals and until March 20th for them to even notify me that my "rewards" were available for redemtion.

Since April 20th, I've been fighting tooth and nail to get my free VISA giftcard from them. Calls to ATT's customer service number have produced a littany of excuses, but no promise as to when or if I will receive my gift cards.

I'm so angry with them, I'll be cancelling my various ATT services which amount to over $100 monthly.

There gift card promotion is no better than those scam rebate schemes. The companies issues these schemes are gambling that people with forget about or otherwise give up on trying to get their rebate or reward.

Shame on you AT&T

Chris
Mission, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2007 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-SBC/Kansas-City-Missouri/ATT-SBC-Rewards-for-Referrals-Program-a-Scam-Ripoff-Kansas-City-Missouri-249410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T, SBC