Complaint Review: ATT - SBC

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2007

• Reported By:waukesha Wisconsin
www.att.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ATT - SBC Terrible Service even though i worked on it for over a month ripoff Wisconsin Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Read the terms of service

Last month I placed a move order to move my phone and DSL line. I have been calling every other week to make sure its okay since they screw up all the time adn each time I am told your all set. I even bought the wireless gateway from them.

Then today at 2pm, keep in mind I am moving Tomorrrow and service was suppose to go on Monday I get a call saying Opps were sorry but the facilities are not available so we cant give you DSL.

I called and spoke with a supervisor named Keith and what did he offer me DIAL-UP. He pretty much said to bad to sad about not getting the service and for havong to lost my email that I have had over 4 yeard. I asked what about the router I jsut bought from you guys his response you will have to talk to billing.

I called Time Warner explained my situation and how SBC screwed me over and they went the extra step put me in as a ASAP appointment and I am getting it installed tomorrow.

Here's the written proof from SBC that my DSL was good to go

Thank you for your email in regard to your move order for your telephone service and DSL service. I will be happy to help you.

I have checked the order in the system, and it shows your DSL and telephone service will be installed on August 27, 2007. I am not sure why you are not able to view the order. I believe there could be some technical difficulties with the website. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

If I can be of any further assistance, please reply directly to this email.

Thank you for using the new AT&T. I appreciate your business and continued loyalty.

Your AT&T Customer Service Representative

waukesha, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2007 07:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-SBC/nationwide/ATT-SBC-Terrible-Service-even-though-i-worked-on-it-for-over-a-month-ripoff-Wisconsin-Wi-270116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT - SBC

Read the terms of service

AUTHOR: Shooter McGavin - (U.S.A.)

It sounds like you placed your order online and did not read the terms and conditions. "DSL service is not available in all areas and an order placed is not a guarantee of service. Your order may be canceled for a variety of reasons up until the time the service is 100% installed. Until a final test is completed on the date of installation AT&T can not guarantee you will be able to receive AT&T DSL internet service" Now it may be different in your state but I just ordered DSL for my parents online about 2 months ago and those were the terms and conditions that I read when I placed my order.