Complaint Review: AT&T U-VERSE

AT&T U-VERSE
208 S. Akard St, Texas United States of America

AT&T U-VERSE DISCONNECTED WITHOUT WARNING 208 S. Akard St, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Info you need to know

Since eatablishing service in September 2012 I have had nothing but charges that seem to never go down no matter how many times I pay them. I have requested a itemized bill, in November 2012 and again in February 2013. I wanted to know where they were getting thier charges from because they were so different from what was quoted to me. I paid them well over the amount originally given but the bill never seemed to go down and I wanted to to know where they were applying the checks I sent them.

Sometime between March 28- April 2 AT&T cut my service without warning. At no time prior to this was I called, emailed, or sent a letter warning me of cut off. My father had a quadruple bypass which how I initially found out I had no internet service. I was not able to email family or friends with updates on his condition. I have relatives that live out of state and i cannot afford to to make so many out of state phone calls. My father has had major complications and i have not been able to keep loved ones informed.

Ironically AT&T was able to send me a letter threatening to charge me an extra 150 dollars if I dont return thier equipment in 10 days! They were capable of mailing me a letter demanding thier equipment and threatening extra charges,  but they didnt mail me an itemized bill I asked for nor a letter telling me they were going to shut off my service. They offered no help or support to resolve the situation and were downright rude and nasty when I called them.

This past week I was evacuated from my home due to flooding. I live in Lisle il and we were hit so bad people needed to be rescued out of thier homes. I did not get back into my home until last night and now I have an extra charge because I didnt return their equipment in 10 days. Between my fathers bypass and being evacuated its been a horrible time and it would be nice if companies could be of help instead of a hinderance.

I needed my cable. Especially with the flood coverage this past week! Had AT&T warned me they were going to cut my service off, then I would have tried to work this out because I needed the internet access for emailing family and friends and could have definately used the cable and internet for info regarding the flood. I have been paying AT&T. But I wanted to see where my payments are being applied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-VERSE/208-S-Akard-St-Texas-75202/ATT-U-VERSE-DISCONNECTED-WITHOUT-WARNING-208-S-Akard-St-Texas-1045026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T U-VERSE

Info you need to know

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Failure to keep payments current for a service may eventually lead to a disruption of that service. Now you know.