Complaint Review: ATT U-Verse

• Submitted: Thu, May 24, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 24, 2012

• Reported By: Carol — Mobile Alabama United States of America
ATT U-Verse

ATT U-Verse Lied that I would get $100 reward if I signed up with them for Internet then said I have to have ATT cell phone or Direct TV to get it and $96 fee if I cancel contract. Internet

I was with AT&T wireless Internet and was offered U-verse for $14.95 a month for a year and told I would receive a $100 reward a few weeks after I signed up. I signed up and received a letter to apply for the reward.

I went online to register for the reward and it kept telling me it didn't recognize the phone number associated with it. It had a phone number to call. I called that number and it would give an ad for something then disconnect.

I called another number I found and was told that I wasn't eligible for the reward because I didn't have AT&T cell phone or Direct TV. That wasn't mentioned before and I told them that. They still said I wasn't eligible. I hung up on them.

I found another number and called and told them to come take it out and the $96 disconnect fee for early termination because they sold it to me under false pretenses and that I was going to report them to the BBB. Then I was told that since they wanted to keep me happy that they would give me a $100 credit on my bill.

I accepted the credit and made the guy repeat what he told me and told him I was recording it. He did. I told him to tell on the tape who he was talking to (my name) and my account number and what my bill would be for the next 11 months. He did. I hope I'm protected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/24/2012 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-Verse/internet/ATT-U-Verse-Lied-that-I-would-get-100-reward-if-I-signed-up-with-them-for-Internet-then-887531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT U-Verse