Complaint Review: AT&T U-verse

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: U-verse victim — Ventura California United States of America
AT&T U-verse
PO BOX 5014 CAROL STREAM, Illinois United States of America

AT&T U-verse Internet sucks , more charges , still the same , many calls no results, tired of hours waiting on the phone CAROL STREAM, Illinois

Last year in September 2011 I was recommended by AT&T sales person to switch from DSL to U-verse internet, with $5.00 more I was going to get 12 times better speed in my internet , total payment would be $24.95, which normally is $40.00 but this is promotion for one year. I asked the sales person how about after one year do I have to pay $40.00 ? she said no you can call and ask for the same rate. I gave my permission to switch, by the way they charge $100.00 on modem that they said I will get back with $100.00 rebate which I received the rebate 3 weeks ago.

The internet problem started from day one. Every time I call AT&T U-verse center I have to be on the phone for at least one hour to one hour forty five minutes, after 10 days of the service I was told that you can't get the speed that we offered so they lowered the speed to 6. After they lowered it, it started giving me more problems, constantly dropping the connection, very slow speed from 0.68 to max 4.80. I have never ever seen my speed going up to 5 or 6. the last tech person came to see what he can do after 2 hours of working on my internet before he left he saw that my internet dropped to 0.68, he said I can't do anything from this point on I will contact the center tomorrow they will send other tech person to work from outside to bring you speed upper 5. He left and the next day we had phone call he identified himself as AT&T U-verse tech and that he is going to be working on my internet and an hour later he called and said he is done.

While he was on the phone I tested and still got the same old speed that fluctuated from 2 to 4. I told him at that moment and he said he can't help me that I have to contact the customer service. So I contacted customer service again, and they couldn't help me after another an hour to and hour forty-five minutes. Now, I started getting higher bills to pay for tech-support and other services that they didn't complete to change the internet speed. Every time I call they put me on hold then after waiting for half hour or so I get disconnected, now I don't know whom or where to call so they can solve this issue, is there anyway you can bring AT&T to listen their customers complain? Please help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-verse/CAROL-STREAM-Illinois-60197-5014/ATT-U-verse-Internet-sucks-more-charges-still-the-same-many-calls-no-results-tire-848905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T U-verse