Complaint Review: AT&T U-verse

• Reported By: liza — hollywood Florida United States of America
AT&T U-verse
carol stream, Illinois United States of America

AT&T U-verse AT&T horrible customer service carol stream, Illinois

AT&T has horrible customer service. I called to cancel my account in March, because of their horrible customer service. I was told my account was cancelled after the rep tried cutting deals with me that I refused and that I needed to see the equipment back. Well I still keep receiving bills and they were still taking money through the auto-pay. I called again to see what was going on and was told that they didn't see any notes that I wanted to cancel, just that I had spoken with someone. I gave the specific date that I called to cancel and then they just happened to find that note. I had to talk to a couple of people to find out that they were still charging me and after a long discussion the rep finally realized that I was due a refund.

Now, it's 6 months later and I still have not received my refund check. I got a letter in the mail about 2-3 months ago telling me the amount of the refund so I called to see when it would be sent and the rep said "oh the check will be cut in the next few weeks." I still didn't receive anything so I called to check again. The rep told me that it could take up to 45 days for the check to be cut and I told her that it had been forty days. I asked if she could check to see if it had been cut and she said she couldn't and that I would have to wait.

I have tried to call a few times after getting out of work, but they're already closed. I called today and the first person I spoke to said it looks like you should have been sent a check, but it wasn't cut. I told him that wasn't acceptable and the check needed to be expedited and overnighted to me. He said that he started the investigation and I needed to talk to Billing to have it expedited.

He transferred me to Billing and the lady I spoke with said there was nothing she could do about the check, just that she sees that something has been started for it. If I wanted to speak to someone about getting it expedited that I needed to call a different number for the Accounts Receivable Dept.

I called the number I was given and spoke to someone right away. This was the third time I had to tell the same story this morning. Instead of listening to me, the rep cut me off to tell me the Billing Dept couldn't help me with that and I explained that was the reason I was calling her. This rep told me that there was nothing she could do and that the system had to cut the check and that would take 30-45 days. I told her that was not acceptable to me and that ATT has had my money since March.

She asked what I wanted her to do and I told her that she could have her controller manually write a check. She laughed and said they were a big company and that's not how it works. I asked for a supervisor and was transferred to a lady that was clearly reading from a script. It was ridiculous. She repeated information to me that I told her was not acceptable. She also told me that the reason that checks are not manually cut for 45 days after cancellations is because they have to wait for equipment. I told her it's been well over 45 days and the equipment was sent back long before then too, so I told her the check should be able to be cut now then.

She told me I shouldn't have interrupted her and let her finish, and then she repeated the same information. I told her again that it was acceptable and she told me that the first person I spoke to this morning, that started the "investigation" put in "ASAP" and they would cut the check in 3-5 days, while the rep before her told me 14 days. I asked why no one else had told me that and she said she was telling me now. She apologized, told me she felt sympathy for me, and was sad for me. We ended the call.

In the end, I'm expecting to have to call again next week and the week after because I will still not have my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-verse/carol-stream-Illinois-60197/ATT-U-verse-ATT-horrible-customer-service-carol-stream-Illinois-941562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T U-verse