Complaint Review: ATT U-verse

ATT U-verse
Nationwide USA

ATT U-verse Charging me for returned equipment that lost Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Be persistent

Cancelled my Uverse service due to move.  Approximately 1 week later returned equipment to ATT through UPS (as they instructed)  One week later received email from ATT thanking me for returning equipment.

One month later receive email from ATT informing me they would charge me for not returning equipment and urging me to do so.  That day spoke to CSR who told me warehouse makes lots of mistakes and sees return on my account and that he would take care of.  April 1 received bill from ATT charging me $162.38 (incuding tax) for purported unreturned equipment. On April 2 spoke to CSR who told me a credit would be issued immediately.  On april 9 noticed that ATT charged my credit card. On April 10th called ATT and was told by the seventh person I spoke to (after being hung up on by a supposed supervisor) that the matter would be expedited (whatever that means).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2014 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-U-verse/nationwide/ATT-U-verse-Charging-me-for-returned-equipment-that-lost-Nationwide-1138011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT U-verse

Be persistent

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You need to be persistent on this issue. Each department in a big corporation do not talk to each other. The billing department will not listen to you. The customer service is hired to apologize and keep promising. You have to keep pushing until the information from the other department gets through to the billing department...