Complaint Review: AT&T UVERSE

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: ROBERT — DALLAS Texas USA
AT&T UVERSE
http://www.att.com/shop/u-verse.html DALLAS, Texas United States of America

AT&T UVERSE UVERSE BUNDLES THIS IS A FRAUDULENTLY ADVERTISED, TOTALLY FLAWED PRODUCT! DALLAS, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Similar complaint with AT&T UVerse

After being held hostage by a 2 year contract, I started researching where to go to be able to dump UVerse, which is the most horrible and fraudulently advertised product I have ever had the displeasure to be coaxed into, with the idea that it was the best product on the market for cable t.v.  I have logged well over 1000 hours while a customer, and now that I have cancelled them, they refuse to take responsibility of the fact that they have not refunded my overpayment, when I cancelled them!  If you want horrible service, outsourced calls for help, to be tossed around like a hot potato, and feel as if you are literally being suffocated by a company that really does not give a d*mn about anything they do, then AT&T is for you!

Now that I have left them, it has been over 6 weeks, and I have spent well over 15 hours arguing with them about what they owe me from my billing cycle of the 11th, having cancelled on the 20th, and they say they did not disconnect until the 28th.  When, or what, they did, once I called in my disconnect, is not my concern.  I have it documented that I not only disconnected on the 20th, but also mailed them their boxes, very promptly, on the 3rd, once the Christmas rush was over @ the UPS stores, of which literally have stacks of returned boxes every day!

Noone that I know that has, or has had, UVerse, likes the product.  It is fraud from day one.  It is a breach of contract from day one.  I was what they called a "chronic" customer, as I was constantly having issues, of which half of the time, they never showed up for their scheduled appointments, to repair the problem.  They even tried lying, stating that they came, but noone was home, or there were kids here, and they could not do work unless there was someone over 18 years of age to do the work.

Ok, the fact is, I am disabled, live with my male partner, have been together for 10 years, own our home, and hardly leave the house for any reason.  There are never any kids here, as we are past that stage in our lives, and the kids are long gone!  When you ask to speak to a supervisor, you get thrown back into the loop of having to push buttons, all over again.  They spend more time pissing people off over the phone, than they do telling the truth about their completely useless product.  It is also made useless when they use 14 3-way splitters in someones attic for only 5 drops, weakening the signal, and making it possible for lots of interfearence, and static, as well as the system to just shut down!

Another thing that I did no like is the fact that their boxes are set to turn off after being on for 12 hours.  Ok, that is great if you want to set it up that way, but since I am the customer, I should be able to dictate as to how long I want it to run, without shutting down!  The point is, when I go out of town, I want it to appear as someone is in the bedroom, with the t.v. on all night, as it always is when we are in town!  I sleep to the television, actually to the soundscapes channel, and as soon as it goes off, I am immediately awake, and stay awake the rest of the night!

I would love to be brought into a class action suit against AT&T, as I would be a perfect witness as to how horrible the service actually is! Goodbye losers, @ AT&T!  I am history, and never to return!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2013 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-UVERSE/DALLAS-Texas-75201/ATT-UVERSE-UVERSE-BUNDLES-THIS-IS-A-FRAUDULENTLY-ADVERTISED-TOTALLY-FLAWED-PRODUCT-DALL-1008227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T UVERSE

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Similar complaint with AT&T UVerse

AUTHOR: Not Applicable - ()

Please read my complaint:

I'd suggest that you file some reports with government agencies (e.g. FCC).