Complaint Review: AT&T UVERSE

• Updated: Sat, August 10, 2013

• Reported By: AARON — WESTERVILLE Ohio
AT&T UVERSE
Internet USA

AT&T UVERSE CONSUMER NEGLECT, UNFAIR PRACTICE, DENIAL/DELAY IN SERVICE, MENTAL AGUISH, BAD TREATMENT, POOR CUSTOMER CARE WESTERVILLE Ohio,internet

*Author of original report: Mr Violin

*Consumer Comment: Bring out the Violin

I placed a phone call in to AT&T who provides our internet, tv, and phone services as a bundle to make changes to the services we don't need, and save money.  The customer service representative I spoke with on that day was wonderfull and the type to go out of their way to help a customer beyond expectations.

What was going to happen with this offer was that I would be taking over the account, and getting all services we had, PLUS, cost savings (huge) long term too... The only difference was going to be our TV package would be with "a satellite company" they were promoting and the HIGH SPEED INTERNET would stay the same, from AT&T.

When the satellite company tech showed up to install services, he said he can't install at my location due to "line of sight" issues and can't recieve the service.  This leaving me panicked, as the old tv service was cancelled/closed on same day!!!  I couldn't believe what I heard when he totally refused our apartment for install.  I do not have the luxury of options in this complex.

I immediately called att, told them the situation, and that I need uverse tv ordered fast as we now do not have any tv service at all!!  So, now, not only am I NOT getting the excellent price and services I was EXPECTING, I NOW HAVE NO TV SERVICE, AND WILL HAVE NO SERVICE UNTIL AUGUST 20, 2013!!   This is NOT ACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER CARE!!  I don't know anyone else who would go through this, in fact, everyone I know tell me that it would be UNHEARD OF AND DEMANDED SERVICE THE SAME DAY!!!  HOW DO YOU DO THIS?

AT&T has refused my request each time I call them to "connect me to upper management" and not a "supervisor" , so I can get SOMEONE WHO "CARES" ABOUT THE TREATMENT OF CUSTOMERS , ESPECIALLY ONES WHO ACCIDENTLY GET CUT OFF SERVICE, AND LEAVES ME HANG FOR WEEKS, no services.  THIS IS NOT RIGHT!  AT&T WILL DO THIS TO YOU, SO BE CAREFUL FALLING FOR ANY CHANGES THAT SOUND SO UNREAL IT IS "ACTUALLY DAMAGING"...

I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY KEEP TELLING ME, I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SOMEONE CAN GET SOMETHING DONE FOR ME NOW INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR 10 MORE DAYS, IT IS JUST WHO YOU KNOW OR IF YOU CAN GET THE RIGHT MANAGEMENT ATTENTION!  ANY HELP?  SUGGESTIONS?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-UVERSE/internet/ATT-UVERSE-CONSUMER-NEGLECT-UNFAIR-PRACTICE-DENIALDELAY-IN-SERVICE-MENTAL-AGUISH-BA-1074699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T UVERSE

Mr Violin

AUTHOR: AARON - ()

You must work for AT&T!  That is just the kind of trash tone taken with me recently.  And YES, my situation is special, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH W/THEM, AND ALL NEGATIVE IMPACTS IT CAUSED ME.  So, before you go on your judgemental out of context trash talk, get it straight....  PLUS, it is easy for you to be garbage when you are error free and it is not you suffering!

It is people like you that they have too many working for them who "don't care" and so quick to bring out your true "trashiness" that GIVES THEM BAD REVIEWS....

PLUS, Trash Mouth, IT IS MY RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT ON HERE, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT, IT IS NOT YOUR TRASHINESS WE ARE TRYING TO BRING OUT HERE....SO GET A LIFE!

Bring out the Violin

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all no one forced you to close your existing service before your new service was installed.   It is always a good idea to make sure that the new service is working first.  After all what would 1 more day have cost you had it gone perfectly $2-$3?

Next, the fact that there was a line-of-sight issue is not the installers fault, and not something that they could have predicted would happen in the beginning.    Also, sorry to tell you but you are not that special..that's right they are not going to put your install over other people who have already scheduled an install.  In fact the more you "demand" and "order" them to install it that day..the less they are probably going to want to do anything for you.  If the lack of TV is causing you that much mental anguish. Well you obviously have an Internet connction and many..many options for "streaming".

Also, as a side note...I noticed you said that you are in an apartment.  Being a tenant if they had to install the dish on the structure(roof/outside walls..etc) you do NOT have the legal right to approve that without your landlords permission.  If you do not have their permission the landlord may have the legal right to come after not only you but the installers for any damages to the property...so just a bit of warning.  But I bring this up because if you had contacted the landlord in advance may have been able to give you a bit of a warning of this.