Complaint Review: AT&T Vesta Corp

• Submitted: Thu, March 26, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, June 13, 2009

• Reported By:Crete Illinois
AT&T Vesta Corp
11950 SW Garden Pl. Portland, Oregon U.S.A.

AT&T Vesta Corp Fraudulent charges to bank acct. Portland Oregon

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Pick Your Plan IS a Pre-paid service

*UPDATE Employee: Vesta Corporation Response

*Consumer Suggestion: Same thing happened to me

This company charged my bank account $108 for a prepaid card that I never bought.

I never heard of "Vesta" before I saw them on my bank statement.

The same thing happened to my daughter.

Dianne
Crete, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2009 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Vesta-Corp/Portland-Oregon-97223-8248/ATT-Vesta-Corp-Fraudulent-charges-to-bank-acct-Portland-Oregon-437815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Vesta Corp

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Pick Your Plan IS a Pre-paid service

AUTHOR: Clairvoyanceoftrees - (U.S.A.)

Hello,
I worked for Vesta for over a year and here is a little inside information. Vesta cannot charge a card unless the information is supplied, thus meaning either you or someone who has access to your card number called in or went onto the web to purchase minutes for their prepaid phone. Cell phone companies have contracts with them to process their payments. If you believe that you have a monthly plan and are still getting charges to your account, you should call your provider and verify with them if you have a pick your plan service. Pick your plan is a prepaid service that is a monthly charge. For a set amount of money a month you get a set amount of minutes. Their are two major differences with these plans and contract services.
1. There is no contract. There are terms and conditions which set you up for a monthly charge that happens BEFORE you get your minutes. This charge is automatic as part of the terms and conditions of the plan. It is a prepaid plan because you are charged before you get your service as apposed to receiving a bill.
2. You can add $15 or $25 between billing cycles. Instead of getting overage charges added to a bill (which you don't get in this case) at the end of the month, you have the option to "refill" at the same rate per minute if you need more minutes.
If you discover that you are not pick your plan, it's time for your card company to do a little investigating.

Vesta Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Vesta Ecustomer Support - (U.S.A.)

Vesta processes millions of prepaid recharge payments each month on behalf of telecom companies and their customers. We continually monitor orders for unauthorized or fraudulent use of payment devices, and actively work with customers to resolve any issues or disputes promptly and fairly. This is evidenced by our A rating by the Better Business Bureau.

If you have questions regarding a charge from Vesta on your credit card bill or bank statement, email ecustomersupport@trustvesta.com
or call toll free 866 608 3007. A representative will be glad to assist.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: Traceymarg - (U.S.A.)

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. I called AT&T and they stated it was for a prepaid phone. I stated I have a wireless plan and have no need for a prepaid phone. I called my credit card company and told them someone had used my credit card fraudulantly and they removed the charges and issued me a new card. I suggest you do the same thing, as someone has your credit card info. and may use it again. Good luck to you and your daughter.