Complaint Review: AT&T Vesta

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Mary in SC — NORTH CHARLESTON` South Carolina United States of America
AT&T Vesta

AT&T Vesta Online Calling Card Scam Internet

I was just routinely checking my bank account charges to see if a "ping" from the Hampton Crowne Plaza was removed and I found a charge for $50.00 from AT&T PrePaid.  The charge was still "pending" when I found it so I went to my bank (SunTrust) could stop the payment.

They told me to call their online fraud department to report it.  I asked when MY MONEY would be put BACK on my account?

The customer service lady at the bank called AT&T and put me on the phone with some IDIOT from SE Asia or something...he was rude and acted like I was lying.

I hung up on that ahole.

Be aware that all someone has to do is distract you or take your card and scratch the top with a pencil...write down your full name or print a second receipt...and if they have the expiration and CVV number from the back of your card...they WILL spend your money.

In my case, I was either scammed by an employee of Zaxby's...who has already been arrested or the Mexican lady at a restaurant that I frequent.  About a week before the charge...I gave her my card for a carry out order and ran to restroom.  I came back and signed and never thought a thing about it.

Be careful and aware that just because you TRUST someone to cook your food...it doesn't mean they aren't ripping off their boss and YOU!!!

I should have my money back on my account in about 10 days...if not, you'll see an additional report on SUNTRUST.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Vesta/internet/ATT-Vesta-Online-Calling-Card-Scam-Internet-1009345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Vesta