Complaint Review: AT&T Wireless Service

• Submitted: Thu, September 18, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 18, 2008

• Reported By:Petersburg Tennessee
AT&T Wireless Service
20 Owen Drive Fayetteville, North Carolina U.S.A.

AT&T Wireless Service Unauthorized funds withdrawn from my bank account! Fayetteville North Carolina

I'm here to let everyone know what a ripoff that AT&T wireless has done to me! The other day I called the automated system to make a partial payment to my account in the amount of 125.00, leaving a remaining balance of 168.93. I entered the exact amount that I wanted to debit from my checking account through the system. I got the confirmation # and thought everything went fine.
Two days later when my husband went to withdrawal some cash from the ATM, it claims insufficient funds. I knew this couldn't be so because I should have had more than enough money to cover what he was trying to withdrawal. So, here I go calling the bank and there is the 125 dollars deducted from my account, which was fine...this was authorized. As I investigated further, there was also the 168.93 deducted as well!!!!!!!! I never authorized this transaction!
Here I go calling AT&T wireless, thinking that this was totally illegal to just take out what they wanted without my approval and would be able to get it reversed back to my account with no problem. WRONG!
After being on the phone for more than two hours and talking with approximated 6 people there....I was notified that it could take at least 7 to 10 days and up to 4 weeks to get anything resolved. Not only that, but having to deal with three of their customer service people there practically calling me a liar and saying I authorized this payment and I shouldn't be blaming AT&T.
I am an honest and reasonable person, but resent the fact that I have to deal with this type of conduct from a business that illegally drew funds from my account and then I should be expected to wait to up to a month for them to return my money back to me and then on top of that, to deal with their RUDE and UNPROFFESSIONAL customer service group basically calling me a liar.
This is a glich in their system that needs to be corrected and they shouldn't expect the customer to wait that long to get their money returned and deal with their rude staff after they have been wronged. They can take my money out of my account in 1 day, but yet it takes them up to a month to return it to me.
Needless to say, nothing was resolved for me and I guess my hands are tied due to their unprofessional and unethical business practices. I have been a customer with them for over 11 years and never bothered them with any complaints, and this is how they treat a loyal and honest customer! I can't even end the contract or will be responsible for 525 dollars of charges to end my contract early. I am so disgusted and insulted from AT&T and plan on reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs...any company I can to be righted by the wrong I have had to deal with. If anyone has any advice..please let me know because I am totally disgusted. Now, I will probably have returned check fees and can't even get money out of my account because of their illegal business dealings. AT&T...your scam artists and please never tell me again you "appreciate my business and I am a valued customer" because it's a crock of bull!

Jamey
Petersburg, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2008 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless-Service/Fayetteville-North-Carolina-28304/ATT-Wireless-Service-Unauthorized-funds-withdrawn-from-my-bank-account-Fayetteville-Nort-374257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless Service