Complaint Review: ATT Wireless

• Submitted: Sat, February 18, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 18, 2012

• Reported By: Jennifer Stansbury Park — Stansbury Park Utah United States of America
ATT Wireless

ATT Wireless ATT Mobile Unethical Practices Internet

*Consumer Comment: AT&T

January 2012 I called ATT wireless to find out when contracts expired on two lines I have on my account. While on the call the ATT rep. Said he could change rate plan to save me some money. We discussed my current plan and features and he said that everything would remain same except I would be going from 1400 minute plan to 700. I told him that should work since the two lines would be dropped May 7th 2012 and I had 5800 rollover minutes and the A-list. Today I got a text message from ATT saying my account had exceeded 100.00 dollars in overages on minutes. I called them and spoke to Robert. He said the A-list and rollover minutes were taken away when he changed my plan and I can't get them back. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he refused saying there wasn't anything they could do to get my minutes or A-list back. I asked him for contract dates so I can cancel service on all lines when they expire. He gave them to me but then proceeded to tell me the cost to early terminate them now, which I let him know that I wasn't paying to terminate early. I wouldn't have changed plan if I had been informed properly. It was only 20.00 dollars a month cheaper on the plan but has already cost me 100.00 more this month. He mislead me and was not honest about rollover minutes and A-list.

back

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2012 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/internet/ATT-Wireless-ATT-Mobile-Unethical-Practices-Internet-841589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT Wireless

AT&T

AUTHOR: EnoughJerks - (USA)

I have to say I have had the same problems as you. My husband, myself and both of my parents have been customers for at least 10 years yet AT&T doesn't care. Being as it is getting harder to pay bills with everything going on but they always get their money. Now recently we receive those annoying calls when we are one day late. I have another year on my contract and as soon as its over I will not renew with AT&T. Seeing as it is only supposed to cost us 75 a month for my husband and I , we end up paying 125. There are too many ways to get the same service now cheaper than being locked into a contract. AT&T sucks to say the least. I wanted to cancel and they wanted 175 . Hell I pay that a month but seeing as we have been customers for so long they wouldn't budge. I am totally with you on this. Yes we are a few days late on our AT&T bill but they get our money as soon as we get our money. Not only that I spent a good year trying to get a phone that worked. They sent me crap and when I tried to go to one of their stores, I got to listen to the manager talk to her other female employees about a party she went to. I waited to get one of them to notice me even though those most wonderful ladies looked me in the eye at least 8 times. Then when I did get one of the ladies to help she acted like I was a leper and offered no help. I knew more about the cell phones then she did. It was pathetic. I am actually thinking about cancelling my contract next month. 175 for cancelling is a heck of a lot better than paying 125 when we should only be paying 75.