Complaint Review: AT@T Wireless

• Updated: Tue, July 05, 2011

• Reported By: Lonny — Newark New Jersey United States of America
AT@T Wireless
1901 W 10th Street Internet United States of America

AT@T Wireless Bay Area Credit Service, Collection Agency At@T Wireless cancel my account, and then placed the account into this collection agency called Bay Area Credit, they send me a bill which on this bill they have a contractual collection fee. AT@T has Internet

*Consumer Comment: Why don't you

*Consumer Comment: I am confused

I Had two Phone one for me and my son, from At&t wireless, but after a month, i realized that AT&T was charging me all kinds of fee for these phone, and i was not using the phone that much, try to cancell the account was told i would have to pay for early cancellation fee for both phone which will be around $600.00. so i keep both phone but with a different plane that would not cause so much every month. That was not the case, to make a long story short i call At&T to explain to them that i had a death in the family and right now it kind of hard for me but i would like to set up a payment plan so i could pay this bill. I could not pay them the full amount that they wanted at the time, but i was willing to pay something so i could get this bill paid off. Instead AT&T cancell my phone plane and bill me for the cancellation fee a total of $1212.25. Now i get a letter from a Collection Agency called Bay Area Credit that say i owed $1430.46. Spoken to someone who said that it was a contractual Collection fee that i was being charged , i asked why was i being charged a  fee, and didnot get a response, instead i got a rude and angry response threating to take action against me if i did not pay the full amount. These Wireless Phone Companies are Ripping Customers off all the time and getting away with it, and At&t is the worst of them all and i hope that something coud be done to stop it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2011 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/internet/ATT-Wireless-Bay-Area-Credit-Service-Collection-Agency-AtT-Wireless-cancel-my-account-749041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT@T Wireless

Why don't you

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

get you one of those free welfare phones?

I am confused

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

When you signed up for the service did you not know the amount the plan (not plane) was per month?  If you could not afford a cell phone you should not have gotten a cell phone.  If you did indeed enter into a contract with AT&T then you are responsible for the said contract.  And NO I do not work for AT&T nor do I have an AT&T cell phone.