Complaint Review: AT&T Wireless

• Updated: Wed, March 11, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Collins Colorado
AT&T Wireless
Www.attws.com Nationwide U.S.A.

AT&T Wireless Group of consumers fighting this faceless giant together. Join us! abused & mistreated Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: ATT&T IS DISHONEST!

*Consumer Suggestion: ATT&T IS DISHONEST!

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Wireless has done it again!

*Consumer Comment: I wish to add my experience with this company to this submission/report

*Consumer Comment: I want to join -- contacting the BBB and FTC TODAY

*Consumer Comment: Rebate Rip Off.

*Consumer Comment: Same Thing Hppened to me I want to join the Lawsuit

*Consumer Comment: Count me in to fight ATT- and now Congular

*Consumer Suggestion: These Collection Attempts Are Due to Acquisition of AT&T Wireless by Cingular

*Consumer Suggestion: how to fixx att

*Consumer Comment: Another Dissatisfied Customer Ready To Join The Fight!!!

*UPDATE Employee: Throughly Disgusted

*Consumer Comment: No Satisfaction AT&T can maliciously slaughter credit

*Consumer Suggestion: My contract

*Consumer Comment: Also A victim of s sham company

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: ATT,s GSM is a joke

*Consumer Comment: AT&T took care of my problem

*Consumer Comment: Screwed by AT & T's incompetence

*Consumer Comment: I feel ripped off as well

*Consumer Suggestion: At&T Resolved my Problem!!!

*Consumer Comment: can't take it anymore! errors on my Att wireless bill!

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: AT&T Ripped me off- I will join any class action against them

*UPDATE Employee: What its like to be an att care rep

*UPDATE Employee: It's a big mess! ...AWS intends to rip people off

*Consumer Comment: How do they get away with this?

*Consumer Suggestion: revenge on att... ATT will find themselves kicked out of Sams clubs soon

*Consumer Comment: Charged for a phone AT&T said they received

*UPDATE Employee: AT&T Wireless employees: Endangered species

*Consumer Comment: Latest Consumers Report Reveals AWS the WORST

*Consumer Comment: Contacting the FCC, how I got justice!

*Consumer Comment: Continued to be amazed

*Consumer Comment: PROTECT CREDIT : (HOW TO) GET A FULL DELETION !!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Your Credit report

*Consumer Comment: I also filed an FCC complaint

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Wireless are a bunch of con artists

*Consumer Comment: ATT&T RIPPED ME OFF NUMEROUS TIMES

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: AT&T "fair" business practice

*Consumer Suggestion: AT&T Wireless and Other Wireless Companies...Start collecting signatures to get your legislature off their butts

*Consumer Suggestion: Data on AT&T - more consumer complaints filed with the FCC than any other wireless company

*Consumer Suggestion: cell phone users

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Wireless screwed me to!!

*Consumer Comment: US Cellular customers acquired by AT&T Wireless -- beware!

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Loves your money

*Consumer Comment: Clarification on the merger concern over liability...

*Consumer Comment: I want in on your fight

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Might As Well Sue Cingular..

*Consumer Comment: Corporate Office - complaint with the FCC but it was worthless

*Consumer Comment: ATT Wireless Motorola Rebates NOT GIVEN

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off In Greensburg PA

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: AT&T no service Fraud and attempt to distroy credit

*Consumer Suggestion: Count me in...! NO ONE in the company cares

*Consumer Comment: I have been ripped off too

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: AT&T Wireless ripoff billing Austin, Texas, very evil, dishonest and flat out the worst

*Consumer Comment: IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY ARE MADE RESPONSIBLE FOR FORCING THIS UNFAIR PLAYING FIELD AROUND CELLPHONE "SERVICE".

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Wireless NO SERVICE

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Wireless NO SERVICE

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: i agree, we were trained to say that we are building towers and more towers

*Consumer Comment: AT&T Wireless: Monsters!

*Consumer Comment: me too! ..we paid it just wanting to get them out of our hair

*Consumer Comment: They not only did not change my plan but billed me 695 $$

*Consumer Comment: What can a little and ordinary person do against a giant such as AT&T?

We are a group of current and former AT&T Wireless customers that became frustrated and tired of fighting a faceless giant. We started this group back in June and have grown from two people to close to 60.

We are very active in our fight and we invite you to join us. If interested, please e-mail me through the rebutttal key.

Fort Collins, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2003 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/nationwide/ATT-Wireless-Group-of-consumers-fighting-this-faceless-giant-together-Join-us-abused--63909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

ATT&T IS DISHONEST!

AUTHOR: Ripoffreporter - (U.S.A.)

At&t overcharged my account for texting and sending pictures. It's a lie. It also turned my account for the illegal charges to a collection agency and It's had an adverse affect on my good credit. Let's fight them!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

ATT&T IS DISHONEST!

AUTHOR: Ripoffreporter - (U.S.A.)

AT&T Wireless has done it again!

AUTHOR: T.w. - (U.S.A.)

We've always just taken the free phones with our renewals on our wireless service. We started out with Cingular, and got moved over after the merger. With Cingular, we had wonderful customer service and 100% satisfaction without much hassle. After it merged with AT&T, we've had nothing but problems, including when we cancelled other AT&T services other than our wireless, they tried to charge us for an extra month. I wrote the FCC and the Attorney General's office. After much difficulty, they agreed to zero out my balance, but never would admit they'd made a mistake. They did it on purpose, and were not happy when I caught them.

The newest assault? For his birthday/Christmas (both in December), my husband got a LG VU, and agreed to pay $200 for it. As mentioned earlier, we've always just taken the free phones with our service. He bought the phone in November. It's now March and the phone is broken. He plugged it in, and we left for work. When he returned, the phone's screen was all garbled. When he tried to take it back to the AT&T store (which a good friend manages), he was told the screen was not covered under warranty. Too bad, so sad.

He was told to take it to the service center, but was told the same thing. They told him to call AT&T directly and make them do something about it. When we called AT&T, they said we'd have to contact the manufacturer. When we contacted the manufacturer, they said we'd have to send the phone in at our own expense, and see if it will be covered under warranty. As I write, my husband has been on the phone with LG for 45 minutes, waiting to speak to a manager.

The non-english speaking person said they were in Alabama. In what country, I wonder, have they renamed a place to Alabama so they can lie to consumers??? These are just two of the many situations we've had with AT&T, including my many bouts with them over billing through my place of business.

Somebody's gotta do somthing about ALL these companies that take advantage and cheat consumers, including the rediculous thing they call "customer service" which is anything but.

We need a class action suit against AT&T.

I wish to add my experience with this company to this submission/report

AUTHOR: T. D. - (U.S.A.)

I had been an loyal AT&T customer for years, and even migrated my service across the US when I moved in 2001. In Dec. 2003, I wanted to get my husband a local # as a BD/Christmas present, so I went to my local AT&T store to "add a line for 9.99". We picked the phone, signed the papers and at that time I told the salesman that if I by myself used 1000 mins a month, there was NO WAY that my husband and I could use that, and to please increase the minutes to the next level.

I take culpability for not checking the bill in January or February closely, but as it was not exhorbitant, I just paid it. However, in March when I had reason to go out of state when my Father died, and my phone was the one in use constantly, imagine my SHOCK and HORROR when I got my April bill for $1,200.00!!!! This amount reflected overage charges, long distance charges, etc. ALL BECAUSE THE SALESMAN DID NOT CHANGE MY TOTAL MINS/month!!!

I called and tried to get this straightened out with AT&T, without success, and then when I could not pay the total bill, they terminated my service and charged me $200.00 PER PHONE for early termination fees!!!!

I paid the bill off slowly, sometimes $1.00 at a time, I was and still am SOOOO mad at
1. The incompetence of the salesperson
2. The inflexibility of the company, especially to a loyal customer of TEN (10) years
3. The numerous collection calls
4. The rudeness I experienced at every turn, in trying to resolve this issue.

I am sure there are many, many more people out there who were mistreated by this company. They tried to hide under the guise of Cingular, then re-emerged as their arrogant giant self again. Please tell all your friends that this company is NOT customer friendly, and if they can at all use another cell service, do so!!!!

T.D
Dallas, TX

I want to join -- contacting the BBB and FTC TODAY

AUTHOR: Danielle - (U.S.A.)

Over the past 12 months, I have had NOTHING but a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T Wireless -- in just about EVERY category imaginable.

Replacement Phone Insurance: Over the past 30 months I've paid a $5/month premium to ensure that if my phone is lost, stolen or broken, they will replace it for a $50 deductible. I replaced my phone a few weeks ago because the screen was broken. I VERBALLY clarified with the representative that the deductible was going to be $50 -- we even joked about it because the deductible was $10 more than what I paid for the phone. She agreed and not only promised me a DIFFERENT phone. Not only did I get RESENT the SAME phone again, they charged me $125 for the deductible. I called and spoke to 3 different people including a "supervisor" and they claim that their "computer shows" that I accepted the "terms and conditions". I requested that the recorded phone record be pulled and played that proves that I never agreed to pay $125 for a REFURBISHED replacement. No one had access and they basically refused to research it further. When I originally upgraded to the phone I currently have, it was $40 for a REFURBISHED phone and required an ADDITIONAL 2 year contract. WHY would I agree to pay $125 for ANOTHER refurbished phone? I asked that question over and over and got the SAME scripted answer "my computer shows that you accepted the terms and conditions". OF COURSE IT DOES because the representative could not proceed with the replacement order without clicking that box -- WHETHER OR NOT, I was advised of the $125 deductible -- which I was not.

AT&T's unlimited mobile to mobile calling: their unlimited mobile to mobile calling only applies to daytime hours and even though the person you're calling HAS AT&T service, you're still charge as if it isn't mobile-to-mobile -- NO REPRESENTATIVES can ever tell what numbers are AT&T and what aren't.

It says like that their terms and conditions get nothing but the run around from their customer service people.

Data/Internet Usage: EVERY MONTH they claim that I am spending over $30 in internet usage on my phone. I DO NOT access the internet on my phone -- EVER. The MOST I've done was sent a picture from my phone to another -- AT MOST 2 times a month.

Service: Calls are CONSTANTLY dropped or don't connect at all, resulting in my having to dial the same number over and over until it finally connects.

Rebate Rip Off.

AUTHOR: Annoyed_customer - (U.S.A.)

Someone please help us!!! Thank you.

Same Thing Hppened to me I want to join the Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Ilya - (U.S.A.)

I won't bore you guys with the details of my horror story because its the so similar to a whole bunch of them above. Suffice it to say its been one big nightmare. Due to their mistake they say I owe them $500 that I refused to pay. They have sold my debt to a collection agency and I am afraid of my credit becoming ruined. How do I join the fight? Let me know. Thanks.

Count me in to fight ATT- and now Congular

AUTHOR: Upon - (U.S.A.)

I just filed my own report. My Phone was stolen, I reported as missing, was told by ATT rep that it was probably missing, and realized after getting a bill that the phone was stolen. Fraudulent charges of $175+ were made, ATT doesn't want to give me credit, doesn't want to respond to me in writing and have offered me this great "deal" for me to pay 50% of the charges.

ATT is not even giving me credit for the charges that happen the day I called and to top it off, it has charged me over $2.75 as a late fee.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

These Collection Attempts Are Due to Acquisition of AT&T Wireless by Cingular

AUTHOR: Rob - (United Kingdom)

Unilaterally imposed service cancellation fees were forwarded by AT&T Wireless to a string of collection agencies after I formally terminated service in the summer of 2000 due to what I felt was breach of contract on their part (roaming fees within the advertised service area, minute charges to check my voicemail from within service area, refusal to assign new number after moved to different locale, service unavailability at the physical location of both domiciles).

None of these fly-by-night outfits has ever bothered attempting to formally serve process or obtain a legal judgement. Yet they are the sole sources of the scars that cross all of my credit reports that I've bothered reviewing. Now another round of collection is in process, and I can only assume that this latest blizzard is a by-product of the Cingular / AT&T Wireless acquisition.

At some point, the statute of limitations on these collection attempts will expire (especially in cases where they have no court judgement).

#10 Consumer Suggestion

how to fixx att

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

I have came across the easist and most effective way to deal with ATT.

I cancelled their service after being ripped off on almost all the above ways mentioned.

I will no longer buy anything that says ATT in any way shape or form. I made sure that in my retirement portfolio that I had nothing, mutual funds included any holdings in ATT. I will tell everyone I know to NEVER do business with ATT or any of its cronies or pyschonphants.

I switched to verizon and got more minutes no roaming and friendlier service cheaper.

DON"T GET MAD JUST DEPRIVE THEM OF THEIR LIFE BLOOD. YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Another Dissatisfied Customer Ready To Join The Fight!!!

AUTHOR: Renee - (U.S.A.)

I have been on a 2 yr cont. w/At&t Since July of 2003. And I honestly am counting down the time for my contract to end! A few examples of my dissatisfaction are 1)having to check my bill detail by detail for any mistakes (which, I have often found!) 2)many, many dropped calls 3)very limited service areas 3)beyond extreme waiting time (over 3 hours on some occasions)if they allow you to wait, sometimes a recording comes on saying the call volume is too heavy...try calling later 4)poor and rude customer service!
Under my brother's name, I have 2 lines on the family plan for my daughter and myself under the family plan.

So, basically our phone bill should be about the same every month, but it continually fluctuates between $70-85. So every month I go over the bill detail by detail, and about every 3-4 months I have to call to complain about overcharges.

And a couple of times I have been credited because of their mistakes (although, not fully).

My last bill really upset me, to say the least, in the nicest terms. This is just one example of the grief At&t is capable of. The phone bill was $157, which doesn't compare to most of your complaints, but is outrageous to me, being that is almost double my normal bill.

As always, I added up my minutes, found some mistakes, and also discovered that I was being charged for text msgs when I had just ordered a 3.99 plan for that purpose, the month prior. The rep at c/s came to the same conclusion as I did and said I would be credited, but that would have to be done thru billing, so she said she would transfer me, but would first explain the situation to the billing rep.

Billing rep...very rudely explains that my account will not be credited, because their dept. has a different way of adding up the minutes used, so the c/s rep was wrong.

I asked how can 1 company have different ways of doing things, depending on the dept. He had no answer. He also said I wouldn't be getting credited for the text msgs, because instead of adding the plan the month before, like I had ordered, they removed all text msgng from that phone. I asked why I had to pay for their mistakes...again had no answer.

I explained that I pay my bills, and was definitely not trying to get over on anybody or get something for free, but just like them I didn't want to be Ripped Off!!! He continued to be rude and of no help, so I asked the cost to terminate my contract early...$175 for EACH phone, plus the closing bill. Yeah, right...I have already paid them enough EXTRA money...If the contract was in my name, I would definitely close it out w/out paying the fees, not to rob them, but to prevent being robbed!

Please add me to your list or e-mail me w/any additional information to join this fight or suit against AT&T/Cingular!

[email protected]

Throughly Disgusted

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

This for the person in fort collins colorado
I have a story to tell you and believe me and it a long one. You might want to go fix urself a drink and a sandwich lol.

I would like to join ur group against attwireless/the new cingular wireless.

This is how it all began I had gotten service with them in 2003 this was a disaster waiting to happen. I cancelled service paid them the 600 dollars they said I owed. Then sept of that they same yr I recieve a collection letter on behalf of there company. I immediately dispute the amount in that month I had called customer service to have the problem resolved. In this one month I went back and forth between customer service,recievables management and collection. All 3 departments said one of the other departments can send me a copy of the bill but they said we cant guarantee you a copy of the bill just request it. Because of this company I have not been able to get a credit card,loan or anything else I have needed. I now work for this company because it was the only cell phone job available when I needed one and then when I worked for the company they still could not help me. Because of this company I have been unable to get a loan so I can start my own cell phone company authorized dealer and improve cell phone customer service problems. That is why I have the job with them today. I have hired an attorney that says it should be taken care of by the 18th of Dec but I will believe it when I see it,since I now work for the company I have inside information. I would love to join all 60 of us in a class action lawsuit because I will be quitting the company very soon because I think I have found a way to get my loan even with my credit the way it is. On my credit report is shows 2 different collection agencies is trying to collect the same debt TWICE. This is very illegal as you might as well know. I have the ceo of cingular wireless his email address. If your group would be interested in contacting me further about this matter me having inside information about the company I believe we can win a class action lawsuit. I would love to be in charge/help insure a sweet victory for all of the people involved. I believe there is enough people where stan stigman would want to settle with us before it even got to court. I am so glad this group has been created because people need to take a stand and say enough is enough.

No Satisfaction AT&T can maliciously slaughter credit

AUTHOR: Caitlin - (U.S.A.)

I am also a victim of these fraudulent contracts that AT&T has no proof of me agreeing to in writing or verbally - but I can't get them to waive this ridiculous $175 broken contract fee. I would just refuse to pay it but they have threatened to ruin my credit.

As Vice President of a Mortgage Comapny I have seen proof of how AT&T can maliciously slaughter credit - even if you pay up to just get it off your record - it still keeps your scores lower for about 5-7 years

Help?

#14 Consumer Suggestion

My contract

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

I want to join you so please email me. I protested the situation with them but they have put this on my credit rating. I had two cells with a company they bought. I put down a deposit of $800 per phone. At the time that the contract was up, I received a bill for $900. They claimed I was calling form NY State and I lived in Pennsylania on the Delaware River. I had a home in Ewing that I bought but was not living in. My son, using the second phone, always lived in Princeton, NJ and did not go to NY. His bill seemed o.k. I was threatened if I did not pay my bill. I paid $400 of it and presented my inventory of calls that were not mine. The "nice" man suggested I get another plan for more minutes. I agreed. He did not tell me that it would cost me $200 in a fee to do that. My phone fell into some water. I did not use it. I then got another phone that worked 2 weeks. Radio Shack would not provide another. I decided enough was enough, still not knowing I had agreed to another plan for $200 fee. I called them and notified I had no phone and asked them to make sure they turned off my number but not my son's. They sent the bill for the fee to my son's address in Princeton -- the only bill that ever went there. The rest of the bills went to me.

We moved into Ewing and my son also moved to Ewing with us. He paid the bill when it came. He finally asked me why I had not disconnected my phone. I called and they said they did not know why and would adjust. Next month, same thing. My son called and I agreed he could resolve this with them since I was upset. In that conversation, he agreed to some other service as I understand it. They charged him a fee again. He and I never knew that they charged the fee until he finally called and asked what the extra fees were for. That is what they are suing us for, $400 in fees.

I have asked them for a detailed accounting of the interest that was due on the deposit and a detailed accounting of all of the above as to their conversations since these are recorded. They have not responded.

I never signed contract with them. My contract and deposit was with another company they bought.

Also A victim of s sham company

AUTHOR: Thong - (U.S.A.)

I have read several situations on this thread and they are similiar to my situation. I would definitely join any class action lawsuit anytime on AT&T Wireless. I was on their 1 yr contract from February 2003. In December 2003, I was browsing my AT&T account and noticed that they had a promotion for free unlimited mobile to mobile service with a family plan for about 120 a month.

I decided to add another line and upgrade my plan to a family plan with the 2000 anytime minutes with free long distance and unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. One month later, my bill was around 400 dollars and I didn't think much of it since I thought the wife was using a lot of minutes. In February 2004, my bill was $3500.00 dollars!!!

I called AT&T and the representative that answered said that, I was placed on the wrong plan. The second line was billing at full tariff rates with no free long distance nor free unlimited mobile to mobile minutes. The second line that was suppose to be included in the family plan was basically a local service only phone with 400 minutes.

The representative said that she will give me an adjustment for the improper billing and she will add the second phone on the family plan. I didn't think much and was satisfied with her answer. In March 2004, my bill came and I reviewed it, I was finally on the right plan but where's the credit I was offered? It was no where to be seen.

I called AT&T back and told them about the situation. The care representative said that my last call was noted on my account that a credit will be issued and it might take 1-2 bill cycles. I demanded a supervisor and told him about the situation. He said that the reason a credit hasn't been given on my account is because there was never a promotion about "free mobile to mobile" minutes as their website states.

He also said that they can only give me around $900 credit for the long distance charges. Of course I wasn't happy about the situation. I had filed a BBB complaint on them and didn't receive any help. One month later, they have not issued the credit, not even the $900 credit. My service has been cut off and AT&T has sent my account to a collection agency called CBCS.

They have sent me bills demanding payment for the $4 plus thousand dollars I supposively owed them and if I had any disputes, I would have to submit it in writing to them. I wrote them back with my complain and all they said was that they have offered me a $1000.00 credit if I payed in full with-in one month. Why would I agree to pay over $3000.00 for fraudulent charges?

#16 REBUTTAL Individual responds

ATT,s GSM is a joke

AUTHOR: Isabelle - (U.S.A.)

Sign me up for any class action suit against ATT.
Since I was moving from CA to AZ, I went to the ATT store and asked if they have service in the area I was going to. And I wanted to get free roaming to use from AZ. I was told I had to get a new phone and GSM service. Here I am in AZ and I found out that ATT doesn't have GSM towers in this area, so now I have a phone that does not work. ATT's solution was for me to buy a new double ban phone, and when I do that I will have to sign up for two more years, and the guy on the phone did not know if there will be service in this area. If I want to get out of the contract it is going to cost me $175. Why do I have a contract to pay ATT and they don't have a contract to provide me service?

AT&T took care of my problem

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

This is in regards to my complaint I posted on 8/11/04 at 10:31 AM.

I just wanted to update everyone that after I complained to the FCC, AT&T executive office called and erased all of my charges. However, I was a little disappointed that there was no apology made in regards to putting me through hell. I also didn't like the fact that they were unable to offer me any explanation as to why I ended up being charged for the phone in the first place. The only thing the lady said to me was that someone manually charged me for the phone, meaning that someone actually had to sit down at the computer and enter in information that they wanted to charge me for a phone. She didn't know why they did it (I have a pretty good guess) and I really didn't want to pursue the matter any further since I was finally done with them (and will never use their service again).

AUTHOR: Gabriela - (U.S.A.)

I'd just like to briefly state that I truly cannot take any pride in this company and cannot in good conscience promote the sales and/or extension of contracts. Staff have about as much value to this nameless, faceless giant as does the wireless customer. You may find it difficult to determine how or why certain charges have been applied to your accounts; the timekeeping methods for tracking activities of project members is an exact science.

Screwed by AT & T's incompetence

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I also have a horror story regarding AT & T Wireless. Just to give you some idea of what I have been through I will go through it real fast.

On July 24th, I called AT & T wireless and changed my plan to 1500 anytime minutes, 2000 mobile to mobile etc. The plan that I was asking for ran about $119.95. That was no problem since I knew my usage was going to go up. Well I get this months bill and guess what no rate change. So I call figuring that a phone call is all it will take to fix this SMALL problem.

Of course I get hung up on, and I have to call back only to start all over again with someone else. The rep says she cannot find where I changed my plan and she would have to put me on hold. After about an hour and a half she comes back with a "proposal".

She stated that if I was willing to sign another 2 year agreement and keep the upgraded plan that I already called about on July 24th for 3 months that they could do a rerate on the bill. This is after being put on hold close to 15-20 times. So I reluctantly agree to their "proposal", after all I still had a 1 1/2 years on my plan anyway.

I asked the rep since I was signing a new contract was I eligible for a different phone. Afterall fair is fair. I was told NO but she could sell me one at FULL PRICE. I declined and just wanted to get this conversation over with so I was put back on hold.

After waiting for about 5 minutes, she got back on the line and I was told get this now, " I cannot offer you the earlier rerate we talked about, the supervisor that approved that original offer was not supposed to do that and the one that has to sign the paperwork, declined the offer." So to make a long story short the supervisor got on the phone and basically called me a liar and accused me of trying to cheat AT & T out of their money and that the rerate was not "justified". After that statement I was conveniently hung up on.

After 2 hours of my time I was made out to be a liar and a cheat. Because someone's else's negligence for not making notes, now I am a liar and a cheat?? I do not understand how a company like this stays in business. I am ready to fight back, I do not take being called a liar and cheat lightly.

I feel ripped off as well

AUTHOR: Forrest - (U.S.A.)

I would be happy to join a class-action lawsuit. Here is a letter detailing my troubles that I wrote to a local consumer advocate.

We are very dissatisfied with AT&T cellular service in Reno, NV. During our 30-day trial period, our TDMA phones functioned well. Approximately 6 months later, we experienced a significant decline in quality, namely dropped and static-filled calls within city boundaries. We complained several times to AT&T only to be told that we must fulfill our 2-year contract, regardless of the service provided.

Different AT&T representatives suggested varying reasons why we could be having problems, one being that your TDMA towers cannot handle the call volume that the new GSM towers can. In desperation, we switched to GSM in hopes of better service.

Directly after switching, one of our phones was deactivated for no apparent reason. It initially worked in the morning, but service was cut off that afternoon. That evening (August 26) I called customer service was on hold for one hour before giving up.

I then called the customer service department and immediately got an answer. This alone leaves me extremely frustrated as AT&T clearly has policies in place that make it easier to sign up for service than to get it.

Anyway, I was irate at this point and convinced the sales department to patch me through to someone who could help. After a second hour on the phone with various representatives I was told there was nothing they could do that night. And that the phone should be activated in 24 to 48 hours. This wasn't satisfactory, but I was given no other option.

When the phone still wasn't active by the end of the next day (August 27), I decided to call and cancel the GSM plan because the service was even worse than with TDMA and I certainly didn't want a contract extension. That evening, I was told my only option was to return to the old TDMA contract, of which I have fulfilled 19 or 24 months. Never, by the way, have I made a late payment.

Although I want to cancel altogether, I agreed to revert back because I would have been charged an early termination fee of about $200. Then, after 1 hour of trying to complete this transaction, I was disconnected. My sarcastic side supposes this is because AT&T wireless is relying on their own service. Adding to my frustration was the fact that the customer service representative I was dealing with did not even attempt to call me back -- not on my home phone, and not on the one cellular that was working.

I then spent another hour on the phone only to be told that the one phone could still not be activated under either service plan and that I would need to call back in the morning.

In the morning, I made the call and asked to speak to a manager. After a half hour of holding, I was told that the customer service representatives supervisor would call me back. I explained that we were travelling that day and needed to have the phone in use by the afternoon. I said I needed a call back soon, and she said her supervisor would be in by 9 a.m. and she would have her call. As of 10:40 a.m. I have still not received a call. By 10 a.m., I was frustrated enough to call back and I got a different representative -- Angela, ID #D848.

Angela had clearly been with the company for some time and she did not want me to speak with a manager. She said she was perfectly capable of handling the call and did a nice job screening me from anyone with more authority. I told her how frustrated I was with the situation, and frankly by this point I was so frustrated I was yelling. This is embarrassing to me, as I am normally an extremely mild mannered person.

To Angela's credit she remained professional, although argumentative, and continued to spout the company rhetoric. At one point, she said there was nothing anyone could do to help because it was company policy never to allow someone out of a contract without penalty. I asked her if there was nobody in the company who could do this, and she waffled. I asked her if CEO John Zeglis would have the ability to do this, and she said, "It isn't my place to say what the CEO will or will not do." She also said that it was not his job to deal with things.

I asked why I should be asked to fulfill my end of the contract -- which constitutes paying AT&T -- yet AT&T should not be required to even activate my phone, and she said, "We cannot guarantee service."

Finally, aftter another half hour on the phone, the second phone was activated. The dropouts and crackle are as bad as ever, but at least they both have service.

I am extremely frustrated and just want out of my contract. I am almost tempted to pay the early cancellation fee just because I feel dirty doing business with this company. I suppose I will enter this matter into arbitration, which the contract allows. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

#23 Consumer Suggestion

At&T Resolved my Problem!!!

AUTHOR: Lilli - (U.S.A.)

Believe it or not, AT&T Wireless took care of my complaint and credited my account for the error that they had made. I filed a complaint with the FTC, and they responded.. It took about about a month, but they took care of the problem. The problem was that I went to Las Vegas and they told me that that area was covered according to my plan and service. I ended up getting a 500.00 bill!! I am happy AT&T finally took care of the problem. You guys be patient, this could happen to you too. Good luck and write if AT&T takes are of your wireless problem also..

can't take it anymore! errors on my Att wireless bill!

AUTHOR: Belinda - (U.S.A.)

I can't even begin to list how many times I have had errors on my Att wireless bill, how many hours I have spent on hold waiting for a customer service person to respond, or how many lies I have been told regarding the service changes that are suddenly incorporated into my plan. The manipulative letters that I have received congratulating me on my new 2 year service agreeements, the money for calls that are charged by the minute when I was never connected but got a busy signal etc. I can't even chronicle it all here because there is so much that it is unbelievable that there is not a class action suit against this corporation. They should not be allowed to exist!!

#25 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AT&T Ripped me off- I will join any class action against them

AUTHOR: Bala - (U.S.A.)

It is a very long story.
AT&T wireless switched me from GSM to digital without my permission.
Then they disconnected my phone #. They refused to let me switch to a different cell phone company. My two companies (DVD rental and real
estate) suffered irreparable harm and loss of goodwill. In addition loss of phone service during critical time (traveling to Vegas and stranded in middle of road, wife's breast cancer procedure, inability to make travel arrangements for my sister visiting from India, and inability of my coworkers to contact me potentially costing my job) caused me extreme mental distress and would like to sue AT&T wireless for punitive damages worth millions of dollars.

Have contacted multiple lawyers but without much success. Have reported to FCC and Arizona attorney General.

What its like to be an att care rep

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to add a bit to the last report I saw in this thread by an att employee, everything he said is totally true, all att centers are different each one has its own policies and procedures.

I have worked in my location for over 4 years now and I actually used to take pride in my work, I was happy to help the customers and I would go out of my way to try and make things as easy for them as they could get. however here are a few of the bottem lines with the way things are today.

Yes reps used have have empowerment to give the customer some crds on things and yes this has now gone away and has been reduced to a mear 25 bucks for courtesy the center I am in still has the ability to crd up to 500 on one account if it is an actual error, and no calling in to say I did not know I could not roam on my plan is not an error.

yes we are being told that we have to offer to extend the cust contract on every single call and if we do not do this we are let out the side door, there have been over 250 ppl "let go" from my center of almost 2000 over the last 3 mths everyone knows that its the d**n contracts that are doing it, you get written up if you do not get at least 3 a day now.

when a cust calls into att, once they reach the rep you have 420 seconds to handle the call ifs its tdma and 720 if its GSM, if you do not do it in this amount of time then your handle time, which effects your potential paycheck starts to suffer. There are a lot of things that to correct take a long time to do so and you really do not need to have the customer online to do so, however once the call ends you have about 1-2 mins to finish noting the account and fixing the problems when then calls start, they monitor the amount of time that you spend in after call

It's a big mess! ...AWS intends to rip people off

AUTHOR: Suzanna - (U.S.A.)

I don't think that AWS intends to rip people off. Now hear me out. I am an employee and yes they pay my bills but I'm not happy with them either. The policies that AWS has are not usually evil. Yes, they have limited systems that can't see minutes up to the last call you made and the service is not perfect but neither is any wireless company's service. It's different for every area for every company.

The real problem as I see it is that AWS gives their call-taking employees "empowerment" to make decisions on customer accounts. Some of these people don't "care" and they are not forced by policy to "care" they used to be able to bend the rules here and there to help keep customers satisfied but now if they give a credit for ANYTHING more than 25.00 it has to be approved by a supervisor (which by the way, really are usually unavailable to take calls). They have been so money driven over the recent months trying to make themselves "financially attractive" to buyers that they've sacraficed their customer satisfaction for their b$tt$m line.

Previously AWS did not require customer care to act as sales people, now they have to make certain "sales quota" type numbers or they will be FIRED! They cannot use the empowerment that they used to have and they make it hard to satisfy customers! Not to mention none of us know if we'll have jobs tomorrow or the next day. I know probably 50-75 families that work for this company and if Cingular takes over and decides they don't have jobs anymore the ENTIRE family will be out of income. It's makes for a stressful home life and work place. It also makes for bad atitudes once you finally make it through the 90 minute hold times that they constantly threaten people with.

Basically my point is, some care reps are just plain nasty and rude by nature, but since AWS is going into oblivion when Cingular takes over and that makes reps really uncomfortable and AWS wants to maintain "financail attractiveness" to make sure the CEO gets his nice cut from the pay off, those who aren't rude by nature, aren't allowed to help customers anymore. It's not that we don't want to (cause I break policy daily to help customers even if it means I get a "talking to" about it because I used to help people and I liked my job)! Good luck in each of your problems, I just wanted to share mine!

PS- My most recent issue is that despite a category 2 hurricane (Charley) the night before, they were planning to make everyone work their normal shifts the next morning. Instead, at the last minute they decided we should "have the day off" (don't do me any favors!) They don't care that trees are blocking most of the roads in the area, all the traffic lights are out and no one has power, air, water or phone (including AWS cell phone service), we now have to report to work while our children are not able to go back to school for another week.

The safety of their employees seems terribly low on the priority list which says a whole lot for their morals or rather the lack there of! "Oh, sorry... you have no one to keep your kids all week and have a tree laying in your living room and a pond in your kitchen? Well make sure you get to work on time or your fired!"

How do they get away with this?

AUTHOR: Sheree - (U.S.A.)

My husband signed a one year contract with AT&T wireless in 4/04.We were to get 1000 anytime mins...blah blah blah....the typical $49.99 plan in our area. The have never gotten the billing correct, charged us for things that were free in this plan, You can't get service in our own home...even on the roof! beleive me I've tried it! The latest is, they debited money (an exorbinate rate, which has no basis in any reality)without my or my husbands consent to an automatic debit to pay the bill! All I get from them is, we'll look into this and it takes a minimum of 72 hours!Then they exect me to call them and be put on hold for God knows how long, probabely to get told some bullshit excuse...we'll see! Isn't it about three kinds of fraud to take money from my checking account without my pre-authorization?, not to mention without my knowledge! Has anyone else had this exerience with them?

#29 Consumer Suggestion

revenge on att... ATT will find themselves kicked out of Sams clubs soon

AUTHOR: Ronald - (U.S.A.)

I too have been cheated and ripped off from att. I have used the most useful method of punishing att. THE EASISEST IS TO FIRE THEM!!

I work for a VERY LARGE company and through our corporate key accounts office. We have a offer through NEXTEL that gives us unlimited use and no roaming for less than 200 a month. ATT robbed me on "roaming" charges of up to $700 in one month. I sent a systemwide e-mail in our district and found a lot of fellow sales reps that were on ATT. WE ALL SWITCHED!! I also collected the worthless phones. I delivered them to SAMS CLUB. TO the store manger of our local Sams Club. I presented him with the box of destroyed phones. . Informing him that his services as a store manager were no longer required and that we considered him unneccessary. I also informed him that since Sam's club and it's vendors due to unethical and fraudulent activities was no longer neccessary. HE WAS FIRED!!!!! I was further sending the details to corporate with our Sams club membership cards cut in half as a testament to the fine services that were provided by SCAMS CLUB!!

I also included copies of my Discover Bills for the last 2 years totalling $16,186 with charges to Scams club. I have yet to hear back from corpoprate.

I am very interested to hear what Bentonville Arkansas will respond. The poor store manager was beside himself as he has had many many people do the same or similar to him..

I informed him that it was very difficult to not go to hell when working hand in hand with the devil.

PREDICTION: ATT will find themselves kicked out of Sams clubs soon,.......

My employer would have put every bit of propoganda from them in the store into the shredder and promptly had them removed from the store.

But then again we utilize the concept of "customer for life" Not til you screw em!

Charged for a phone AT&T said they received

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

I cancelled my contract within the 30 day time limit. At that time, I had thought I had lost one of the phones. Within a day, I found the other phone and returned both phones for the credit. After I received my "final" bill, I called Shelley on 5/27 to see why I was still being charged for one of the phones. She said it would take 6 weeks for the credit.

I waited for the bill after the 6 weeks were up and still saw that I was being charged for one of the phones. I called Dave on 7/8. After several minutes, he informed me that indeed both phones had been received on 4/30, but he didn't know where the credit for the one phone went. He told me that he would complete the request manually to find out why the credit wasn't on my bill and that he would get back to me on Saturday (7/10) and provided me with the invoice number (423) and the work request tracking number (17867915) and that it shouldn't take more than two days for the credit to be reflected in my bill.

He never contacted me, but instead of calling them I decided to wait for the next bill and see if the credit went through. Much to my surprise, I got a letter (and a call) from Allied Interstate Collection Agency on 8/9/04 saying that AT&T had turned my account over to them for collection. I explained the situation and was told that I needed to dispute the matter in writing to their office (another headache I didn't need). My wife called AT&T the evening of 8/9 and spoke with Jerome (ID # 621).

He told her that there was no record of me talking to Dave and that he would need to try to contact the receiving department to see if the phones were returned. My wife also inquired about why we were turned over to collections when we were disputing the bill. Jerome didn't have an answer. After being on hold for 90 minutes waiting for Jerome to get ahold of someone in the receiving department, my wife was told that AT&T could not help her and that we needed to go through the collection agency.

After being on hold for so long, my wife wanted to speak with a manager to figure out why we were turned over to a collection agency when the amount owed was being disputed. Jerome refused at first and then tried to get a manager with no success (the managers didn't want to take the time to talk with my wife). After persisting for about another 20 minutes, Jerome finally got his supervisor, Chris G. (ID # 033) on the phone who told my wife it was his job to coach his people (meaning Jerome) and it didn't matter that she wanted to talk to a manager.

Chris then went on to say that there's nothing he could do concerning the matter and that we needed to go through the collection agency. My wife was upset because had she been told this from the beginning (from Jerome), she wouldn't have wasted over 2 hours of being on hold.

AT&T has a lousy customer service and I think they feel as though most consumers are stupid and won't fight them back. Well, I've reported them to the FCC, the BBB, and anyone else that will listen. AT&T sucks!

AT&T Wireless employees: Endangered species

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You've got a large company (AWS) being bought out by an ever larger company (Cingular) who has given no promises of any kind of further employment to those being swallowed up...in fact, most AWS employees expect to get laid off at year's end.

And you think that they have any kind of loyalty to those in upper mgmt who sold them out but took huge bonuses themselves for doing a great job selling the company?

Puh-lease....

Latest Consumers Report Reveals AWS the WORST

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Interestingly, in the latest Consumer Reports magazine, there is a small article about customer satisfaction with the various service providers, and AT&T Wireless is far and away the worst, with 3x the number of dissatisfied customers per million customers.

What a surprise! :-)

Contacting the FCC, how I got justice!

AUTHOR: Neil - (U.S.A.)

Found this information on another site about what another person did!

Here's how I got justice!
Thread started on: Jun 8th, 2004, 06:22am
I went to the www.fcc.gov website and filed and online complaint, telling them of my problem with AT&T Wireless. I then immediately faxed them a letter describing the entire problem that I was going through with this pissball of a company. I also faxed them a copy of my final bill witch they had promised to clear off over a year ago, but never did.

About 5 days later, Charlie from the Executive Response Team called me and after a 3-4 minute conversation, he credited the remaining balance and told me that the collection agency would receive a notification letter within 7-10 business days, at which time the charge would be removed from my credit.

I cannot believe that my personal fight is FINALLY over!

It is good to see that the power of the FCC is holding AT&T Wireless accountable for their actions!

SO, here is what you need to do..

go to www.fcc.gov and file a formal complaint. Make sure that you include phone numbers where you can be contacted!

Once you have completed your complaint, make sure you copy the case number that they give you at the end, I suggest highlighting it and copying it into MS Word so you can print the info out.

Next, if you have any written documentation that you have sent to anyone in regards to your problem with AT&T Wireless, FAX IT TO THE FCC ASAP!! The more info you provide them, the better off you will be.

Next, sit back and relax.. It should only take a week or two for AT&T to contact you.

During your waiting time, prepare yourself for when they call. This way you are ready to state the facts of the situation, thus helping to resolve the problem during that phone call.

Keep in mind that the person calling you isn't the cause of your problem! Don't get aggressive with them unless they get that way with you first. Since the person calling you should be from the executive response team, you should not have a problem with them.

Do me a favor.. If your problem gets resolved after you do what I have suggested, please come back here and tell us! Just post a reply on this thread.

Thanks!

Continued to be amazed

AUTHOR: Hector Fernando - (U.S.A.)

In my initial letter to this site (8/23/2003 What can a little and ordinary person do against a giant such as AT&T?) I voiced my anger and frustration in dealing with AT&T Wireless. To this date, I continued reading all the postings to this site and still can't help it to continue feeling frustrated and angry with how AT&T continues to get away with just about anything that deals with ripping off consumers. As I read all the postings,I get more and more angry everytime. I continue to ask.....What can a little and ordinary person do against a giant such as AT&T?

PROTECT CREDIT : (HOW TO) GET A FULL DELETION !!!

AUTHOR: Fed - (U.S.A.)

If you write the collection agency a certified letter respectfully requesting they remove this from your credit because this account from AT&T is in error and presently being disputed. This Letter #1 will sometimes get the negative listing deleted from your credit file. IF LETTER #1 DOES NOT WORK... then this time write a set of letter(usually 3) and cc: them all.

Mail one to the President of the collection agency, and mail one to the collections supervisor, and then mail one to the collection associate working your account.

Sometimes after they receive the set of certified Letters #2... they will realize that you could mean trouble for them legally. This they don't want... so then they will(sometimes) remove the smear(negative trade line listing) from your credit report... and return the problematic account back to the original creditor. You Win.

At least for now... BUT now you'll have to recontact the original creditor and try to work out some terms to pay at least a portion of the bill in question. This is where you can hopefully negotiate paying off the account... with an amount much closer to the TRUE balance of what the bill should have been before the billing errors/overcharges.

BTW... AT&T and Cingular(soon to be married!) have more complaints regarding overcharging errors and REFUSAL to correct said billing overcharge errors! Do a Google search on "AT&T complaints" and also "Cingular complaints"... IT WILL COMPLETELY BLOW YOUR MIND!!!

#36 Consumer Suggestion

Your Credit report

Hey Everyone!

Well I posted before and had the same problem with overcharges from AT&T wireless!

While they did turn the bill over to a collection agency and put it on my credit report.

I received a letter from the collection agency and I disputed the bill and wrote a letter/called them to say so!

About a month later I received what was touted as an itemized statement. What I received was an unsigned, undated copy of some unknown contract!

I again wrote back to the collection agency telling them that a copy of a contract is NOT an "ITEMIZED STATEMENT"! I also asked them to get copies of the last 12 months billing statements! These would provide proof that AT&T violated the contract thus voiding the contract, which is why AT&T did not provide the itemized statement in the first place!

As far as the credit report goes you can always write to them and have your statement included in the report! Soon agencies that look at the reports will disregard anything listed from AT&T wireless.

Everyone must band together and write to the credit reporting agencies to get the information into your file ASAP! When enough reports are filed things will start to happen!

Neil B another victim of AT&T wireless

I also filed an FCC complaint

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Like the other respondent, I filed an FCC complaint against AT&T Wireless.

The FCC was very attentive and followed through, but AT&T Wireless, to my horror and amazement, simply swatted them away with a "we don't agree with your [the FCC's] contention".

AT&T Wireless is more powerful than the FCC?

My complaint report is posted elsewhere, but basically, their Network was impossibly bad, and the phone they provided was especially poor on their bad network, and I needed out of the contract because I couldn't use their system to save my life at times.

They charged me early termination, as well as insanely high call-forwarding charges during my transition from their service back to T-Mobile. No one else charges per-minute call-forwarding charges. It's always free, and they don't even carry the call in such an instance anyhow, so how dare they charge a per-minute fee?

I complained repeatedly to AT&T during my stay with them, but they would simply say things like "oh, just wait 6 months -- it will be better", or "GSM is like that".

I say, give me my money back that I spent on your horrible network, that you had your nerve promoting and accepting money for before it was up-to-snuff.

I love how they are currently promoting their service as "3x better signal than before". Gee, isn't that just another way of saying "We know tha t our service totally sucked before, but now it's better".

Well, if that's the case -- and it is -- then give us our money back you thieving bastards.

AT&T Wireless are a bunch of con artists

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

I was an AT&T Wireless customer. Recently I had a REAL hard time dealing with them. I was on a 2 year contract and it was close to being up. I got noticed that they are merging with cingular wireless and the coverage would improve because we could use the cingular towers now along with AT&T towers. I noticed that the reception was better (not by much) but I also needed a new phone as mine was 2 years old and on its last leg.

I called customer service and they suggested this flip phone and said I had 30 days and if I did not like it I could return it and cancel the 2 year agreement no questions asked. I agreed. When I got the phone and started to use it. I had a hard time hearing the person I was speaking to even with the volume at full blast. I called there customer service department and they said I could return the phone, I asked what was their top of the line phone, they said the Motorola MPX200. I went to an AT&T wireless store and got it the same day I returned the phone that did not work. They told me that this phone was the best, it got great reception everywhere and I will be very happy with it.

I started to use the phone and 2/3 of my calls where getting dropped (Extremely aggravating to say the least). I called customer service and was on hold for another hour and explained the situation to the customer service rep and also asked about my rebates and credits that did not appear on my bill. She told me that she did not know what the problem was and I had to call the AT&T store to see what happened to my credits because they do not see it in the computer. I called the store and they said the credits where issued, and they do not know why AT&T does not see it. I also asked about the phone and the NO SERVICE problem, and they referred me to AT&T about the service issue. I called AT&T back AGAIN (on hold for another hour) they said that my phone was not set up to get the cingular towers and that is why my reception is so bad but they would call me back with a solution as they are putting up towers every day. I waited 2 weeks and they did not call. I called again and told them to give me a phone that works or I will cancel everything. They threatened me with a cancellation fee if I did not stay with them, I also asked about the OUTRAGIOS bill I got from them with no credits still. I got a bunch of double talk from them, I told them I was canceling, and they told me I was over the 30 days so I get no refund. I said I complained about the service within 7 days of service and they will get the phone back via certified mail and not to bill me because 2/3 of my calls where dropped and I should have more of a credit than they where charging me. I told them all they had to do was compensate me for my time and send me a phone that worked, they refused. So I sent the phone back.

I started to get collection calls from them (automated) I waited till I got confirmation that they received my phone and my cancellation in writing to see what they did. Not only did they not credit me for the phone they still over billed me for service I did not use.

I called the collection department and told them they where nuts and somehow my bill went from $860 to over $1,000 without even using the phone! They told me they where not crediting me for the phone or giving me any credit on the account and demanded over $1,000 dollars! (keep in mind that I only had this new plan for 1 month total) I told them that I will file a complaint and as far as I am concerned they got the phone, they lied to me, did not call me back, overcharged me, and their service sucked even with their Top of the line phone. I told them I am not paying them a dime and I don't think I should with all the aggravation I went through. (7+ hours on the phone not to mention the poor service and aggravation). I am with you, they can't get away with this and ruin good people's credit to try and steal a buck. I will do whatever I can to join the fight. BTW I am with cingular now, they have treated me well so far and it's been 3 months since I signed with them.

ATT&T RIPPED ME OFF NUMEROUS TIMES

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Please include me in the lawsuit against AT&T Wireless, I can not tell you how many times they have screwed with me only to tell me that they cant do anything for me through thier customer service. I have spent more hours on the phone with thier customer service than i have used thier phone.

They have me listed as logging in as many as 18 customer service calls within 30 days!.

#1. Breach of Contract- While upgrading my plan via thier customer service I was promised free nights starting at 7pm, less then a month later I was told that it is not included in my contract and even though that is what I was promised it would be stripped form my account nonetheless, why I ask? because the are bigger and we are the petty consumer?

#2. Incompetent Customer Service- Since I rarely have service on my phone when call forwarding was activated I had to call customer service from my house line to get it turned off instead of turning it off from my phone manually. While they have a log of me calling at the time I specified they have no notes telling of the turning off of call forwarding that I called for. What does this mean for the small consumer like me? They told me I was lying and that I used the phone and that I must pay a thirty something dollar fee.

#3. Poor Service- I feel compelled to mention the multitudes of dropped calls and blank zones where service gets cut of.

PLEASE JOIN TO STOP THIS GIANT BULLY, DONT LET THEM MAKE OFF WITH OUR HARD EARNED MONEY, OUR COUNTLESS HOURS WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MOST OF ALL OUR SELF RESPECT AS HUMAN BEINGS.

#40 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AT&T "fair" business practice

AUTHOR: Yuriy - (U.S.A.)

I absolutely agree that AT&T is a terrible company. I am current AT&T customer waiting when my one year contract expires to terminate the service.

I had a negative experience from the very beginning when they promised me 300 in-plan minutes, but after 30 days in my next bill I surprisingly found out that I have only 200 minutes. I spent almost 8 hours on phone trying to get my minutes back or to terminate the contract. I do not want to go in to details, since all of you, guys already know how easy is to deal with their customer reps and managers. Finally I managed to get my 300 minutes back, but later another problem occurred, which I would like to outline in details.

AT&T Wireless in their standard customer agreement points out that airminutes, used by a customer could be posted to his/her account with delay up to 90 days dew to deferent technical reasons, which is not really convenient to those who wants to keep tracking of airtime in a real time mode, however not so important to talk about it.

The problem occurs when those delayed minutes are finally reported and appear on user's account.

Now to make things absolutely clear, I would like to give an example with some simple math.

Example:

AT&T GSM National plan $29.99 per month plus tax
300 anytime in-plan minutes included, unlimited nights and weekends
Each additional minute is $0.45 plus tax

Billing cycle 1:

Used 300 minutes, however, due to technical delays 0 minutes have been reported

Customer receives a bill for $29.99 plus tax

Billing cycle 2:

Used 300 minutes and all them have been reported on-time plus 300 minutes from the billing cycle 1 arrived and are reported as additional minutes to billing cycle 2 and are billed as additional minutes $ 0.45 per minute which makes $135 plus tax
Total amount due: $29.99 +$135 =164.99 plus tax

So, in spite of the fact that customer never used additional minutes and was supposed to pay $29.99 plus tax in both billing cycles - AT$T charges $164.99 more for their internal technical problems and claims it as a fair business practice.

Personally I have encountered this type of problem and was overcharged for about $40, but managed to negotiate this amount with customer service representative, however I was told that it is one time favor and next time in a similar situation I will have to pay in full.

I do not want to deal with AT&T any longer and will be happy to terminate their service as soon as my one-year contract expires.

I also would be happy to join your group. Please count on me. I hope we can do something together.

#41 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

I believe it's time to get our legislatures involved in helping to correct these cellular rip-off companies. As long as these companies are allowed to get away with what they do with no laws keeping them in line, they will continue to rip the consumer off. Start collecting signatures to get your legislature off his/her butt and to do his/her job in protecting you. That's what we vote these people in for... to work for and to protect you!

#42 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

For anyone inclined to defend AT&T Wireless, take a look at the August 2004 issue of Consumer Reports. The data show that AT&T Wireless has had VASTLY more consumer complaints filed with the FCC than any other wireless company. While it is true that anecdote can sometimes be the opposite of data, here the data show that AT&T Wireless has repeatedly disappointed consumer expectations. In my case, AT&T Wireless failed to adhere to the US Cellular contract that it assumed -- and that is, purely and simply, a fact.

AUTHOR: Wayne - (U.S.A.)

I am a current employee of AT&T Wireless. My department is Financial. After the Cingular merge, we had a 200 employee seminar in N.C. that devised a method for 'up front' funds for
account activation. The only way to do this was to have our sales reps call in for credit checks on new accounts, and inform the customers that due to low credit scores, they would need to pay a 'security' deposit which would be returned to them after one year of service. Legal Dept. was at seminar, and requeted the following:
1. Absolutely NO documentation (except reciepts) for deposits.
2. NOTHING outlining the terms of the deposit ie; interest bearing, term of holding, etc..
3.Absolutely NO answers to customers regarding return of deposit,(other than outlined) and nothing in writing supplied to any of the retail outlets.
We have currently, (according to my sources) witheld approximately 10,000 security deposits to date, with reasons ranging from,
2.Failure to return equipment in on time (commercial accounts)
and other bogus excuses. As you can see, this is very profitable for our company, at the expense of an 'uneducated' consumer.

#47 Consumer Suggestion

cell phone users

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

When will the general public take some kind of responsiblity for their cell phones? Please answer the following truthfully. do you use your phone for work or pleasure? Do you at times chatted away as if this was a landline phone? Do you get pissed off when you knowlingly or unknowingly go over your minutes? If so, you are a chatty Kathy.

I have never knowingly gone over my minutes because I use my phone for only calls that are needed and not to drive down the road and because I am bored like I see so many do.

I think sometimes that when you are offered unlimited nights and weekends after a certain time I guess that means to use it till the damm battery blows up.

And now that Cingular brought Att Wireless, Att wireless will no longer exist and your lawsuit will have no merit because they are no longer in business, and what are you going to do? Sue cingular who bought the company thank you very much.

Learn to take responsiblity for your cell phone once in a while. I know cell phone companies are not great but you are half of the problem. so deal with it.

AT&T Wireless screwed me to!!

AUTHOR: Lilli - (U.S.A.)

Please include me in your list!!! Between the dates of May 1st and May 15th, I contacted AT&T Wireless about using my phone in another state and making sure I had coverage and nothing additional will be charged on my bill.. I was going to Las Vegas, Nevada... I spoke to a rep (customer care) and they told me with the plan that I had that there would be no additional charges and I had service in the area... Well, two weeks ago I got my bill.. 498.00!!!!!

I DIDN'T have coverage..... I called customer service and told them what happened and they told me that no REP would ever say something false like that... IT WAS CRAZY AND FALSE!!! I told them that I just wasn't going to go to Nevada and charge up bill.. I told them that was crazy!!

I spoke to several other reps and they kept transferring me to receivables management... where.. I got no help there... If you all know a phone number for AT&T wireless, forward it to me....

US Cellular customers acquired by AT&T Wireless -- beware!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I was a US Cellular customer (in Florida) taken over by AT&T Wireless. (When I shopped originally, I didn't want AT&T because its plans weren't as good, but I was forced to AT&T anyway because of the acquisition.) My US Cellular plan had 3 lines on it, any of which could share 800 minutes, and all of which could make calls from the southeast U.S. without roaming charges.

When AT&T took over the plan, it divided the plan across the 3 lines (400/200/200 -- so that 205 minutes on line 3 would get extra charges), and made one of the lines regional, but the other two local (so that if we used the 2 phones to call each other while on vacation in Georgia, we would get roaming charges on the non-primary phone.

No rate reduction for the inferior coverage was offered. The US Cellular contract requires 30 days notice of increases of rates or decreases in coverage, but this was not provided by AT&T.

In my case, AT&T has agreed to let me cancel my plans without penalty (i.e., I had not yet fulfilled the 2 years with US Cellular, and there are steep charges for getting out early).

All former US Cellular customers with "share plans" should check their plans carefully, because AT&T is probably changing them adversely to the customer. (AT&T apparently does not have a share plan that matches US Cellular; instead of giving customers the "next best" plan, they are giving customers the "next worst" plan.)

(In my case, canceling the contract causes me to lose my investment in my phones, but for me, it wasn't much, and I found a plan with another company that will be as good as the former US Cellular plan and will cost less, so I'll be ahead in the end, even if I lose a little on my investment in phones.

But others will need to check their particular circumstances.)

AT&T Loves your money

AUTHOR: Neil - (U.S.A.)

After 3 years with AT&T I switched over to Alltel, but what hell they are all the same!

I canceled 11 days prior to the end of the contract! So I knew that I would have to pay the $300 fee! What I didn't know was that they were also tacking on another almost $200 in fees and taxes!

How can a fee be taxed, have usage charges, or fees?

I tried to resolve the matter and spent almost 2 hours on the phone with people who didn't know anything about AT&T even though thats who I called!

For a couple of months I sent $10 in each time. AT&T sent it to their collections agent!

When I got the letter from the collection agency it stated that I could dispute the bill by calling them and sending a letter outlining my dispute, which I did!

So a month later I get another bill from the agency and their letter has no mention of the dispute! What they do state is that they have decided to reduce the amount I owe them by $50!

What do you think about that? I think they are worried as AT&T has not responded to my dispute!

Neil B
Chandler AZ

Clarification on the merger concern over liability...

AUTHOR: Interested - (U.S.A.)

Actually, a judgement against AT&T would be tranferrable to any successor company so long as it is a valid court ordered judgement.

Any surviving company would have to by most state laws assume liability for any outstanding lawsuits, liens, liabilities or judgement. (Unless discharged thought bankruptcy or a complicated lengthly and expensive process involving assett sales, bulk sale transfers, and/or other shifty manuevurs, none of which be practicle in such a public company(ies).

I want in on your fight

AUTHOR: Virginia - (U.S.A.)

My story can be read under this thread: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff93578.htm

I am so angry at AT&T. I've set up an automatic bill pay to send them $5 per week for 35 weeks. I might try the suggestion below, but I think that a class action suit should be brought against AT&T so that they will be required to make clear disclosures to customers each time a different plan or contract extension occurs. We need to find the right attorney to take this one!

#53 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Might As Well Sue Cingular..

AUTHOR: Singh - (U.S.A.)

For those who don't read the paper or follow financial news, Cingular is in the process of gaining final approvals to buy AT&T Wireless for a tidy $40B+ (that's Billion with a "B").

It's expected that this will be finalized at the end of 2004. AT&T Wireless employees are expecting the ax to begin (continue) falling starting on Jan 1, 2005.

As much as both sides have been told to continue working/selling as if these 2 companies were still competing, the folks on the AT&T Wireless side could not care less as they fully expect to be let go at Cingular's first opportunity.

Why would you try suing a company that won't even exist 6-8 months from now? Might as well sue Cingular folks....

Oh and.. GOOD LUCK!

Corporate Office - complaint with the FCC but it was worthless

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I have been through the same situation that I have been reading about. I spent hours on hold, never got billing errors corrected and it had me hot. Since I was locked in a contract I had no choice but to either pay or pay more.

When I finally had enough I did what seems to work best in these situations. You need to locate the website for the main office. THe corporate office. Once you are there you can look up the names of the executives for the company, anywhere from the president on down. It is sometimes difficult locating this but if you spend the time that you are on hold looking for this info you will have plenty of time.

ONce you find the names of all the upper level management you start calling them one by one. Call the main number to the corporate office and you will either have to ask for them by name or enter it on the keypad. You will more than likely receive their secretary. At this point you just state to them that you are a consumer and you hate to bother them knowing that they are really not in the place to deal with something like this but that you are so frustrated you did not know where else to go. They will take your message or transfer you to someone who will. Believe me, when this is done it moves up the ladder quickly.

I received results within a week. A billing issue I had was fixed that I had spent over 4 months dealing with customer service on. Also I was credited one months bill which was $100 above and beyond the errors that were credited. Lastly and most important, I had someones name and number in the upper echelon that I could call if I ever had issues with customer service again.

Try this, it really does work. Previous to that I did make a complaint with the FCC and got a call back from ATT but it was worthless. Take my first suggestion and let me know how it works out. It will take time and I know we are all short on that but if you attempt it let me know your results.

Thanks

ATT Wireless Motorola Rebates NOT GIVEN

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I purchased 2 Motorola T721 cell phones from Sam's Club on Nov. 15, 2003 for $312.00 with $50 rebate per phone. My wife and I were asked to submit rebate form on Jan 2 by our salesman Greg Melton. My wife sent it in good faith with all receipts, UPC codes and IMEI numbers. We waited. and waited. Nothing. 3 months later Back to store. Go to website. Oops no rebate on file. Called customer (don't) care at ATT. Got referred to Motorola. They don't care either. Numerous calls later still nothing. I sent e-mail stating I would pay no more until I got rebate. Here we are. I refuse to pay and am waiting for them to turn phones off and sue me as I will not pay either one of these shysters without my rebate. Please sue me so I can find out who you are and where you are. Lets go to Judge Judy's courtroom. I am retired and have all day to send e-mail and call customer (don't) care. I will tie up your lines and inbox daily. Or you can simply give me my rebate. I don't care. My credit report and your early termination fee mean nothing to me. Please sue me so I can counter sue! I am dedicated to this cause (Rebates that don't pay) and will do whatever it takes to get my rebate from You, MOTOROLA or ATT Wireless or whomever has my rebate money.

AUTHOR: Sandy - (U.S.A.)

My husband, daughter, son and I went into the AT&T store in the mall here to get cellphones in June of last year. The girl that waited on us told us 3 phones would run us between $150-$200. We were amazed because the one phone my husband wanted was very expensive phone. He was trying to make up his mind between that one and the one for over $400. I asked her the price difference and she told us that with promotions and rebates and THAT phone, all 3 phones would be between $200 and $250. We took them. When the slip came up for me to sign, my husbands phone alone said over $400.

When I questioned her about it, she told us that the promotions and rebates werent on that bill and it would take until the first bill for us to see the "TRUE" price. Besides, we had 30 days to return them if we didnt like them. My husband and daughter loved their phones. My phone was nice but my phone didnt work everywhere like she promised it would. I was willing to let it go as it was only because everyone else was happy. THEN THE PHONE BILL CAME... I had been charged the full price for all the phones. THere were NO promotions! The prices she had told us, didnt exist! When we went to take the phones back we were told that it was after our 30 days. I told them we didnt know there was a problem until the phone bill came. You see, it was held up because of the 4th of July.

I told them that we had no problems until the bill came AFTER THE THIRTY DAYS!! They said that as far as they were concerned 30 days was 30 days! After arguing with them I called AT&T wireless and they said that they felt bad and that they had heard that independent stores would do this and that in no way did that reflect the main company. They would however refund the $175 disconnect for each line and that they couldnt do anything about the equipment because that was the independent store. I then went in and talked to the manager at the store and she told me that the lady that sold us the phones was her #1 seller and she couldnt believe that this lady would lie about the prices of the phones.

The manager told us that we were stuck with the phones and that we owed AT&T all of the money. I had the phones with me and she said that she would not take them back because it was way over 30 days now. I called AT&T wireless back and they said their hands were tied. I was stuck with the phones. I then tried to find out who the owner was of this kioski where we got the phones.

I found out from the mall that it wasnt an independent phone store like I was told, it was a corporate store owned by AT&T. When I called AT&T wireless back they basically said " Oh well, you signed the paper, 30 days are up... pay us the money!" I have sinced been contacted by a gentleman that said that he is representing AT&T. He has informed me that he knows that AT&T does this all the time with ripping people off and it is a shame and that AT&T has alot of money and they will ruin your credit rating and attach wages if need be to get their money. I still have 3 phones sitting here in boxes, waiting to return them to AT&T....

#60 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AT&T no service Fraud and attempt to distroy credit

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

July 2003- after having phone service for 3 years The cell phone I had was not working in their designated APR area, and told me I had to change to a GSP phone system, which i did, they also tagged a contract to it, however i did not sign anything, and the service was not better.

11-13-03 Phone stolen @ 9:30AM

11-13-03 Call from pay phone to contact

AT&T @ 10:00AM (auto voice answer advising call volume was too heavy tells to call back, and it hangs up)

11-13-03 Call from pay phone to contact AT&T @ 11:30AM (auto voice answer advising call volume was too heavy tells to call back, and it hangs up)

11-13-03 Call from pay phone to contact AT&T @ 1:30PM (auto voice answer advising call volume was too heavy tells to call back, and it hangs up)

11-13-03 Call from wife's cell phone to contact AT&T @ 3:00PM (automatic voice answer advising call volume was too heavy tells to call back, and it hangs up)

11-13-03 Call from wife's cell phone to contact AT&T @ 4:00PM (automatic voice answer advising call volume was too heavy tells to call back, and it hangs up)

11-13-03 Finally get through at 6:05PM automated voice states a 10 minute wait, however it was 7:10PM before someone answered, and refused to tell me if calls were made.

11-13-03 During phone conversation with AT&T employee I canceled all 3 phones service.

11-14-03 Send letter to official correspondence address supplied on bill

12-01-03 Send certified mail, a bill for failure to supply phone service

12-05-03 signed for certified mail I sent on the 1st of December.

12-29-03 Received phone bill, only to find out 2 of the 3 phones service was canceled, the stolen phone was still on, and never canceled.

12-29-03 Called AT&T service operator 94693 and advise Stephan that all 3 phones were canceled on the 13th of November, and the stolen phone was still showing on, and at that time he took care of it and shut the phone off. (I waited 40 minutes before he answered, and spent an hour with him) additionally, I advised him I sent a letter out in regards to the problems, and he advised me another department would be taking care of that, and additionally I needed to call Billing receivable management to discuss the problems.

12-29-03 Called Billing receivable management, told them of the issue, and they advised me that they saw the issues on the computer, and that the correspondence I sent 11-

14-03 would be addressed. They also stated that the person I originally called on the 13 could have told me if the phone had been used and avoided all of this. Now I was confused as to who knows what is AT&T policy, though I don't really care.

12-29-03 I pay all phone incurred service charges, and pay $1.00 for cancellation fees, and continue to pay the $1.00 as the bills are received as I stated in my first letter.

2-2-04 Receive AT&T bill with and openly admitted statement that they have been unable to supply me service in a timely matter.

2-9-04 Receive letter threat from AT&T billing department, in the bill it states the following quote: WE HAVE ATTEMPTED NUMEROUS TIMES TO OBTAIN YOUR COOPERATION, blah blah blah.

I have not received any phone calls, or any letters from AT&T as of Feb 20th 2004

#61 Consumer Suggestion

Count me in...! NO ONE in the company cares

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I too have been RIPPED OFF by this corporate behemith.

I have been a customer of AT&T Wireless since before there even was a company called AT&T Wireless, back when they were LA Cellular in our market.

I have paid tens of thousands of dollars to them over the years and recently added a "2nd Line" through some promotion they were offering.

I paid over $ 300 for the phone at the local AT&T Wireless superstore and reviewed the various service plans with my sales representative.

We agreed, based on the other phone's usage, and the phone I was replacing (Sprint!, Ugh!! Another sucky company!), that I needed the 2000 minute per month plan (about $ 140/Mo). Also, he offered, and I accepted, a "protection plan" for about $ 3.99 to replace the phone if damaged, lost or stolen. About 2 months later, I still had not received a bill for the new "line" and called out of concern for possibly having service interrupted. I was told it was because of my new cycle date, and a bill was just printed. Since I had been holding about 30 minutes until this person FINALLY took my call, I was either out of battery, or needed to hangup. I said to the rep to please debit my account for whatever the charges were, and hurrily provided my bank information, thinking they would be about $ 400 for 2 months of service.

Well, I was shocked to find about a month later, that they had debited nearly $ 800 for the charges, and then mailed me a bill for over $ 2000. Apparently, I was started on the "wrong plan" and my additional minutes added up to over $ 1000, when they normally would have been less than $ 250. This has continued for months now, and I have complained, written letters, sent faxes, and have litterally wasted dozens of hours of my life trying to get this resolved. No one, I mean NO ONE in the company cares about this at all.

On top of all this, my phone was stolen a couple of months ago, when I finally got through they said, "Oopps, the rep put the protection plan on the wrong phone (my previous old #), and you don't have any coverage"...There went another $ 350.00!!

--WHERE DO I SIGN??!!--

I have been ripped off too

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I signed up for a family plan in June of 2003 with AT&T Wireless. I was told by their agent at that time that the San Francisco Bay area was part of my home calling area. He showed me on the calling map that even though the area wasn't shown that far south, he pointed out on the brochure that maps were not always updated. This was one of the main reasons I signed up with AT&T. After a trip to the Bay area, I was pleased to see that I was not roaming according to the phone. I was surprised to see charges for roaming of $ 160.00 plus dollars. AT&T claimed I was roaming and that I should not have relied on the agent that sold us the plan. They say that anything the agent say's is not binding on them. Well, under that logic, my commitment to the agent for 2 years of service shouldn't be binding either. After researching my service agreement, I noticed the dispute arbitration clause. I asked AT&T how to start arbitration and they sent me forms to do so. After calling AAA (American Arbitration Association) I found out some interesting things. They say that AT&T sent the wrong forms (intentionally), they sent the wrong address to AAA (intentionally) and they sent the wrong information regarding costs (intentionally) as they always do. Consumer's cost for arbitration is $ 25.00 for any claims under $ 1000.00, yet AT&T makes it sound more like $ 250.00 to $ 500.00 AAA also stated that AT&T doesn't respond to their requests. I submitted the proper forms, to the right address, with my check for $ 25.00 to AAA. After a little over 1 week, AAA returned my check with a letter stating that due to AT&T's lack of cooperation, they will not accept any arbitration disputes regarding AT&T Wireless, and the demand that AT&T remove AAA as the arbitrator in AT&T's service agreement. Fired by their own arbitrator. Thats impressive. I contend that 1) AT&T Wireless allows misleading sales methods by their agents. 2) AT&T Wireless intentionally neglects to tell you when you are roaming in their service area (they get all the roaming charges). 3) AT&T Wireless does not deal in good faith regarding their own service policies. Therefore, I am looking for as many people as I can possibly find that have experienced any or all of the problems I have listed above. I propose a class action lawsuit with remedies in the form of refunds for all monies paid to AT&T Wireless by customers who have been cheated and lied to and then dealt with in a shoddy, misleading way. I propose that AT&T Wireless allows any users to leave their sub par service prior to contract end without any early cancellation fees. I propose that AT&T Wireless pays any and all damages incurred including, but not limited to roaming charges and all attorney fees. Please respond to this if you feel you have experienced any part of this outrageous rip-off. Perhaps a new class action suit will make AT&T Wireless unattractive to any prospective clients, and bidders in their current effort to sell the company. Please e-mail [email protected] if you want to help get this going and put "AT&T Ripoff" in the subject line.

#63 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Leonard - (U.S.A.)

This company is very evil, dishonest and flat out the worst. When I decided to resign into their family plan, they put me in the higher rate plan and continue charging me for the wrong plan. I had called a few time and could not get through...Finally, I got a chance to talk to one of their representative. Jackie, she was rude and uncooperative. I asked to credit the money they over charged me and she insisted that this is not going to happen. She said she can only change back to the proper plan. She also threaten me that if I don't pay for the bill, I would be charged with the cancellation fees. I hate this company and will never refer it to anyone I know... I hope someone can do something about this company. Maybe they can send all these rebuttals to the consumer affairs and have them audit.

AUTHOR: Will - (U.S.A.)

I'M SICK OF THE AT&T FULL MINUTE BILLING GAME, THE "CAN'T SEE HOW MANY MINUTES YOU'VE USED UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE" GAME, AND I'M TIRED OF BEING CHARGED $500 OUT OF THE BLUE -WITH NO RECOURSE -WHEN MY PLAN IS SUPPOST TO BE $80.00. IF THEY CAN MAKE THEIR COMPUTER'S START TO CHARGE YOU EXTRA CASH THE MINUTE YOU GO OVER ON YOUR PLAN, THEN THEY CAN SURE AS HELL CAUSE THEIR SYSTEM TO GENERATE A MESSAGE THAT AUTOMATICALLY DROPS INTO YOUR VOICEMAIL LETTING YOU KNOW THE SITUATION THE SECOND IT HAPPENS. NOW THAT WOULD BE AN HONEST COMPANY AND REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! SAVE YOUR OLD AT&T WIRELESS BILLS -IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THEY ARE MADE RESPONSIBLE FOR FORCING THIS UNFAIR PLAYING FIELD AROUND CELLPHONE "SERVICE".

AT&T Wireless NO SERVICE

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

On November 13th, 2003 My phone was stolen in the AM, and I began a grueling task of attempting to contact AT&T from a pay phone 3 times, and my wife's cell 2 times through the day, only to receive a recorded message that stated that the call load was too heavy to accept my call, and to please try calling later. I finally got through at 6:05PM being told the wait time would be 10 minutes, at 7:10PM someone answered the phone, and asked how I could be helped.

After a day of frustration, and a 1 hour wait for what was suppose to be service, ended up being nothing but NO SERVICE! I was asked how I could be helped.

1. I needed the service on the phone stopped response (no problem)

2. I asked to know if the phone had been used response (That information is not available, and only by your bill at the end of the month, or a court sepina)

The incapability to allow me to access AT&T for a half of a day, and then tell me that I have no right to see my calls only by a sepina was enough.

Then they think they are going to get cancellation fees, however they agreed to suppling me service, and I have a 2000.00 fee, for failure to supply me service in a timly matter.

I will pay them $1.00 per month....

AT&T Wireless NO SERVICE

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

1. I needed the service on the phone stopped response (no problem)

I will pay them $1.00 per month....

#67 UPDATE EX-employee responds

i agree, we were trained to say that we are building towers and more towers

AUTHOR: Ahmad - (U.S.A.)

i used to work for at&t wireless. man we were trained to say that we are building towers and more towers in response to people that came to us and said that my phone has no service in my house or call fail. which is not true at all. they tell the customers that they have the best customer service but when u call customer service and if you are over 30 days good luck geting any help

AT&T Wireless: Monsters!

AUTHOR: Iman - (U.S.A.)

I have posted a couple times on this website regarding at&t wireless and am now at a point where I'm livid about their customer "care". I have had issues with them because of their "view minutes" feature on the website which is a scam since it's not accurate at all. They say it's to be estimated but hundreds of dollars off is not an estimate, it's a con.

I've also had issues regarding customer service reps not taking my information about my plan and consequently receieved a bill for over $500.

It's in our rights as consumers to fight this and I'm definitely interested in joining your group. There is no "rebuttal key" that allows me to email you directly so I'm writing it in here hoping you're keeping up to date with the posts.

Good luck

me too! ..we paid it just wanting to get them out of our hair

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

My sister and I have two lines though at&t on the same account. We've had the account almost 2 years now. In may of this year our contacts were up and since we had such great service decided to upgrade our phones and resign. In July we decided to visit our father in South Carolina. The minute we got off the plane our phones said " US 91" where " at&t wireless" is usually shown. We called at&t's cust service and we're told that there were no towers in the area and that we were on a " local plan" when we had signed up for a " national plan". So we were going to be changed .69 for roaming and .29 for long distances fees to call back to Phoenix. My sister called back extremely upset to get the account changed to national; she was told by patrick ( who stated he was a supervisor) that all roaming fees and all charges for the week vacation were to be credited and he notated our account. When we returned we had no recieved our bill. She called again and was assured by another supervisor that all charges would be taken care of.We called and called and called. In late august they said that our bill had been mailed but we hadn't recived it. We were told we owed 375.00 for roaming fees occured in South Carolina. My sister asked for a manager only to be told by a different supervisor that stated that we had to pay and that we had no recourse. Mind you, her statement reflects it, she spent 4 hours on the phone with at&t and was hung up on twice. We were then told there was a 35.00 credit on the account from closing the old " local plans" that they screwed up on to our new " national plan " accounts. Our bill recently showed up they credited once and debited twice the account. at&t refuses to take it off saying that is what we owe. So we paid it just wanting to get them out of our hair. Not only are they ripping people off but their customer service is horrible. Please nobody else sign up with at&t.. I'm counting the days till my contract is up. My sister and I would both like to join your fight.

AUTHOR: Rama Jean - (U.S.A.)

Please contact me about joining the others in the fight against this uncaring giant.

Your stories are parallel to mine. I called them to change my plan so that i would not receive roaming charges on my trip. They not only did not change my plan but billed me 695 $$ I called them to report the error..they said I never called to change my plan. They sent me from department to department..customer service.resolution and finally escalation? Would not tell me name of supervisors and offered me 50 dollars off. Then said if you speak to my supervisor you wont get anything off. WOW! They also told me that their were no supervisors above them, no one else that i can talk to. And suggested i contact the correspondence team. I called the F.C.C. and they are sending me a complaint form. I also am calling attornies and contacting the local television and newspaper. My son and wife are cancelling their plans and are making sure they telling their friends about this. A.T.&T has turned into an uncaring, rude, money grubbing company and we will never do business with them again..you shouldn't either!

AUTHOR: Rama Jean - (U.S.A.)

What can a little and ordinary person do against a giant such as AT&T?

AUTHOR: Hector Fernando - (U.S.A.)

I want to join you from CA. Contact me.

This is my incident with AT&T Wireless:

In April 19th 2003 I signed a one year contract with AT&T Wireless. I was promised by the sales person through a verbal and a written agreement 600 any time minutes plus an additional 200 any time minutes, free long distance, free roaming, free night/weekends. I asked the sales person if the long distance plan included calls to Puerto Rico (USA). The sales person stated that that it did. Two weeks later, I went ahead and added a second line to my existing contract so that my wife and I could share the minutes. They also gave me 1,000 any time mobile-to-mobile minutes.I was very happy with my new plan and all kind of free stuff like rebates and equipment.

To my surprise, when I received my second invoice, I found that calls to Puerto Rico were not covered and were considered long distance charges. I contacted Customer Services just to be told that there was nothing they could do. So, I wrote a letter to the corporate office. A corporate Customer Service Rep said that she would find me a plan that would meet my needs. But she didn't. Instead she offered me an up-grade to a more expensive plan for which I would also needed to buy new phones because the free phones I was given were not compatible with the new plan I was offered. I declined this offer. She stated that AT&T Wireless would release me from the 1 year contract without assessing any penalties at my request. The Corporate Servive Rep said nothing about credit for the calls to Puerto Rico. To which I agreed. I stated that I would research a plan with a different company.

Two weeks later while I was still researching for a plan with a different company, my wife moves to Florida and took the AT&T Wireless phone. What else could go wrong? She was in the states, my contract had free roaming, free long distance, and free nights and weekends. Well, it turns out that my wife had been put on a different plan other than the one to share the minutes and of course roanming or the free night and weekends was not free. Get the picture?

If you don't get the picture...let me put it very simple.....for two weeks of calls from Florida I now owe AT&T Wireless $1,070.04.

I contacted again Corporate and corporate's response was "we can still put you in an up-grade plan so that roaming for your wife would be free, but the initial offer of releasing me from the 1 year contract was not available." The Corporate Customer Service Rep further stated " I act as a customer Service Rep and a Business Rep, right now I am a Business Rep......" "You knew the plan conditions all along."

I am mad as hell and wish I could do something about it! I feel I was deceived. What can a little and ordinary person do against a giant such as AT&T? I feel powerless and helpless.