Complaint Review: AT&T Wireless

• Updated: Wed, May 21, 2014

• Reported By: Alicia — Shoreacres Texas
AT&T Wireless
Nationwide USA

AT&T Wireless AT&T's faulty automatic software update has ruined a 2nd phone within a month and they want to replace it with a used phone but still charge me $700 for the phone! Houston, TX

I have been an AT&T Business customer for almost 2 years now.On Apriil 1st I switched us to the next plan and upgraded our phones on the monthly payment plan.

Two of the phones are the Samsung Note 3, a phone I will pay $700 for each. Which would be ok if they worked. However, after the first faulty automatic update the phone would have a black screen when someone was calling and I could not reply to text messages without going completely out of the app and then going back in. I had to fight tooth and nail to get new phones because we had the phones for 18 days. They finally agreed to replace them with new phones and I was pleased.

Now this past Sunday 5/18/14 there was an automatic update done on my phone and guess what it is doing the same thing. I have called AT&T and their ONLY solution is to replace it with a used phone. I would be ok with that if they would take $300 off the price of each phone. Why should I be expected to pay full price for a phone that doesn't work longer than month thanks to THEIR faulty software updates?

Also, AT&T why don't you correct the problem with your update.I am pretty sure I am going to mail these phones back and tell AT&T to shove it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2014 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/nationwide/ATampT-Wireless-ATampTs-faulty-automatic-software-update-has-ruined-a-2nd-phone-with-1148589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless