• Report: #1121943

• Reported By: Ms. Tee — Seattle Washington
AT&T Wireless
Nationwide USA

AT&T Wireless phone deposit scam Seattle Washington Nationwide

I went to a phone retailer to buy two cell phones. I was asked for a deposit of 100 dollars per phone. I paid the two hundred dollars to cover the two phones. That occurred on December 5th of 2013. On December 17 my deposit was reversed and my phones were suspended. I called to find out what was going on since I had not been sure why my phone was off. I was told I owed two hundred dollars deposit on each phone and that I owed two hundred more dollars to get my phones back on. I explained to the lady(cara) that I spoke to that when I was at the retailer I was told I needed to pay one hundred dollars per phone not two hundred dollars.

She checked into my account and then said the retailer did something to make the deposit less. I asked how could that be when att connected the service after the deposit was received and gave me the phone numbers etc. She said she would file a complaint for me. She asked me to fax ask my contract paperwork to an att office so they could review my contract.She gave me a claim number and said the company(att) would contact me with their findings.

On that same day I paid my bill amount of 162.00 dollars and my phone was turned back on On February 5th my phone was off again. I called in to find out why. I was told you owe two hundred dollars on your phone plus a late bill. I told them my bill wasn't sure again until the fifteenth. I was told two hundred of the bill was for a deposit and the 143.78 was my overdue bill. I was furious. My cell phone is my only phone. If I didn't need it for work I would have cancelled it. I'm filling a complaint with the bbb as soon as I finish this report. I can't wait for this contract to be over!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2014 03:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Wireless/nationwide/ATampT-Wireless-phone-deposit-scam-Seattle-Washington-Nationwide-1121943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Wireless