Complaint Review: AT&T Worldnet Internet

• Reported By:
AT&T Worldnet Internet
Nationwide U.S.A.

AT&T Worlnet Service Overcharge

I called to close my AT&T Worldnet account about 2 months ago and the agent I spoke to informed me that they had a plan that included 150 hours for only $4.95. That sounded like just what I wanted to I said sure. I was told that I would be switched over to this plan at the end of my billing cycle and that my email and login would stay the same. When the month came to a close, i noticed I was charged the same amount as before, $21.95 for the unlimited usage...and NOT the $4.95 like I was told it would be even though my usage was UNDER the 150 limit. I thought perhaps due to the time of my call and the billing end date, that it was overlooked. I was patient and thought it would be corrected. However, the next billing was STILL the $21.95. So, i called and told them about it. They were unwilling to do anything AND in the process I discoved that I was required to download software in order to get the $4.95 plan and there was no way for them to even switch me over...it was up to me as the customer to follow the instructions and make the change themselves with this new program.

I was NOT informed of any software or ANY additional steps that i had to take to be get on this new plan. Sure, its not alot of money, but if this were to continue with other customers, they would stand to make millions. I was specifically told that had i recorded the converstation...perhaps they could do something for me. But, since there was no record of what was said, they would NOT refund any money to me.

PLease be aware of this if you are planning cancel AT&T Worldnet service. Take my advice and do NOT let them CLAIM to switch you or you may be in for a surpise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Worldnet-Internet/nationwide/ATT-Worlnet-Service-Overcharge-5391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Worldnet Internet