Complaint Review: AT&T Worldnet-Nationwide

• Updated: Wed, May 23, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
AT&T Worldnet-Nationwide
Nationwide U.S.A.

AT&T Worldnet-Nationwide ..appalled at how AT&T treats its customers.

I am appalled at how AT&T treats its customers. I received my first bill from AT&T and since it was for $156, which is way over the plan I had signed up for, I figured that they had made a mistake and wrote to them to correct it. I wrote Saturday at about 6pm.

I called Sunday and Dean told me I could not speak to a supervisor. I called Monday and Daniel told me that the supervisors were too busy to speak with me. I called back Monday evening and spoke to Jay Dee S. (He would not give me his last name.)

I explained to him that when I signed up I had made it very clear that I wanted the unlimited program. It was very difficult getting into the program and required much assistance from AT&T technical service on the phone. Both my husband and I had made it very clear that we wanted the unlimited program.

When we signed up with AT&T WORLDNET as an Internet service provider we told them that we wanted the unlimited usage plan for $21.95/month as a flat rate. They agreed to give us that plan and then, when we got the first bill dated 1/6/01 on our credit card statement, it was in the amount of $156.72. We were
perplexed, and emailed them. We got no response for many weeks and then the response was to tell us that they are too busy to respond. We called them to straighten out the charge. It took many calls until they would connect me to a supervisor. When they finally did, I spoke to Jay Dee S. (He would not give me his last name.) He refused to credit us telling me that we had signed up for the $9.99/month rate which allowed a few hours/ month of connect time and then they billed us the outrageous amount of $156.72, instead of the agreed to $21.95. He refused to acknowledge the error and said the best they could do would be to switch us over to the $21.95/month plan from then on.

On 2/6/01 they again billed us $180.58 instead of the agreed upon $21.95 for the month. Again, totally ignoring the fact that we signed up for the flat rate. The first time may have been their error to give them the benefit of the doubt. But the second bill had to be done with dishonest intent. I cannot think of any other explanation. I am disputing these amounts for
both months. Each of these bills should have been $21.95/ month and that is all I am willing to pay. Also the account statement downloaded from AT&T Website on which it is listed that plan chosen was the unlimited one for $21.95/ month. Yet they list charges for each minute, ignoring the fact that we have an
unlimited plan.

I write this as a warning to anyone using AT&T as an ISP. AT&T not only made what may have been a careless mistake. They not only refused to correct the mistake, but also then did it again the following month. Needless to say, we dropped AT&T and will never again use any services with that name on them again.
Joan Bailey
iW5-23

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-Worldnet-Nationwide/nationwide/ATT-Worldnet-Nationwide-appalled-at-how-ATT-treats-its-customers-5227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T Worldnet-Nationwide