Complaint Review: AT&T u-Verse

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Patricia Sbroggio — Miami Beach Florida United States of America
AT&T u-Verse

AT&T u-Verse AT&T u-Verse has messed up my life for over a year Internet

I have 2 landlines one is my private home and my alarm system and the other is for Internet use or if I need another line to call when the first one is busy.

After having a difficult time with Bellsouth.net I signed up for AT&T u-Verse and specifically stated that my main line was connected to my alarm and not be part of u-Verse only the second line. When the tech came to switch my phone lines he had both phone lines as u-Verse, I explained that my alarm system would not work and he claimed he would go to the telephone box in the corner and change it, well he didn't and I tried calling him and he would hang up.

Like I said I've been dealing with this for over a year and all I had was problems, I was without an alarm for over 6 months, and when I spoke with AT&T they wanted to create a new account, I had to pay deposit etc. and I was outraged since I had both landlines since 1994. I didn't accept that, a month later a had a bill and I was surprised since I use paperless auto-pay, and there was a charge of $83.00; AT&T without my consent placed another phone line just for the alarm, I called and cancelled it. I had to purchase a worthless wireless alarm system, payed $400 and $19.00 a month, I'm a single mom and need protection. Well my phone itself died, I order 6 different phone systems and none work with u-Verse even is u-verse claims that ALL phones work. I'm without a phone, with a useless alarm but I must keep it for 4 years and AT&T refuses to cooperate; several techs and contracted techs came here and I get different stories I don't know what else to do. AT&T is the only one with home and internet service in my area. Comcast has a lousy reputation and I have no choice and get no help from AT&T since they are aware that they have me by the neck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT-u-Verse/internet/ATT-u-Verse-ATT-u-Verse-has-messed-up-my-life-for-over-a-year-Internet-949149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T u-Verse