Complaint Review: ATT

• Reported By: BobC — Texas
ATT
, California USA

ATT Att refuses to hook up a line for a elderly person Bakersfield California

*Consumer Comment: Guess What..

*Author of original report: Fixed

*Author of original report: Another troll?

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Author of original report: This is what att is about?

*Consumer Comment: Apparently they aren't the only ones

I live in Texas and my Mother age 82 lives in Bakersfield California. I went to California to get her home phone set up, called att and went through and created account and set up service.

They told me it would be set up on 2/11/2014, I was called a few hours later and was told the agent misspoke and it would be 2/18/2014 before it can be set up. I let him know I cant stay in California that long and he said he promises it will be done.

I checked order on 2/18/2014 and it said completed, still the number they gave said this number has been disconnected. I then called customer service and was sent to tech support. The said they will get it done by 5:00PM and they would call me to verify.  At 5:00PM the number was still not working and no call.

Called customer service again and was transferred to tech support. Tech support the said I needed to get my mother on the phone to verify her before they will fix the issue.

I have been working with them for 2 days to get issue fixed I called them 5 times and they never once asked for my Mother ssn number. Because It was just a technical issue with them releasing number she was giving.

I let them know I was back in Texas and she has no phone in California. They then said they will not help her without her verifing herself. I let them know when it was set up she verified herself but agent said she just put a stop to all the work on the line till she calls them. Let her know she has no phone and is 82 years old and is sick, she need access to a phone.

Here is her answer: I appoligize if she is old and sick it is not our fault if something happens to her and she cant contact someone. She said her and her supervisor is putting a hold on my mothers account so she has no chance of getting her phone. Agent seemed real happy to do this to my Mother.

So it comes down to Att was not able to fix the issue so they just cancelled her service and does not care what happens to her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/California-93308/ATT-Att-refuses-to-hook-up-a-line-for-a-elderly-person-Bakersfield-California-1124903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT

Guess What..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

If AT&T Fixed your issue I am very glad...surprised?

If you actually use some of those brain cells and re-read what I wrote you will see I did not say that AT&T was right or wrong.  I didn't just bring your mom into this out of thin air.  YOU were using her to try and gain sympathy for the situation.  Go back and look what you wrote, you basically left the impression where your mom can't be without a phone for even a minute because she was so sick and could die any second..and it would have been ALL AT&T's fault.  That was the issue I was comenting on.

Remember you posted on a PUBLIC web site and beleve it or not, everybody is not going to agree with you.  You say that we posted on things we know nothing about..well we only know what you post.

One other thing I didn't mention in my original post.  Why exactly did she need a phone connected in a house she owed(and probably lived in for many years).

Just some things to think about.

Fixed

AUTHOR: BobC - ()

Someone from ATT discovered this report and called me (I know because the asked me about it). Well I already called for the 12th time and got a rep that knew what to do and fixed the issue.

The person that called after issue was fixed asked me to please let everyone know issue is fixed.

I love this website ( besides the 2 trolls that committted about my Mother instead of the issue). It really makes companies address the issues that would have been just hidden away in the closet somewhere.

Another troll?

AUTHOR: BobC - ()

First of all, I never left my mother there. She owns her home and will not move.

Second My sister was taking care of her but he son passed away and she needed to go to another state for awhile to take care of her grandkids. (phone was suppose to be on before she left.)

Third: There is someone checking on her but I have no way of contacting them. That is the reason for the phone.

Fourth. If all you do in life is troll these posts then comenting on things you know nothing about, then yes you are a sad person and i fell sorry for you.

What?

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

AT&T is not my favorite company but my household has had this service since the 1960s.  What is the reason that your mother was not able to get service??? AND I agree with the previous poster.  You life 3000 miles from your mother so is there a reason you cannot move her to your State to be closer to you??  I would never leave my elderly parents in a place so far away from me.  and NO I do now work for AT&T so stop the blame and take responsibility for your MOTHER!

She took care of you so start taking care of her.

This is what att is about?

AUTHOR: BobC - ()

Seems you are from ATT, This it typical att responce i guess. If you are not then you are just a sad person and I feel bad for you

Apparently they aren't the only ones

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- Apparently neither do you.  Because according to this report you left your elderly, sick 82 year old mother alone in a house with no phone just because YOU couldn't wait until it was installed.

Heck, if you really cared how come you didn't change your schedule..or was your schedule more important than your mom.  Perhaps you could have bought her a cheap "throw-away" cell phone she could use for a month.  After all she didn't have a phone when left so what if something happened in the days between the time you left and it was supposed to be installed?

Then of course one has to ask why you had to travel all the way from Texas to get her phone installed?  Doesn't she have family or anyone else out in CA that could help?  Or is this a case where you and all of your siblings just "dumped" her in California sick and alone?

I am not saying that AT&T is right..but I am not saying that they are wrong either.  However, before you start accusing them of things perhaps you should look at your own actions.