Complaint Review: AT&T

• Reported By: Kevin — Redwood City California United States of America
AT&T
208 S Akard St Dallas, Texas United States of America

AT&T ATT Wireless deceptive business practices Dallas, Texas

I was with Verizon for years on a cellular family plan with unlimited data. When our family decided to purchase iphones we made the switch to ATT. The three of us were "grandfathered" into the "unlimited plan" and enjoyed unlimited phone, texting, and streaming data. I pay a premium price for my family to enjoy our phones and service, and we have done so until recently.

Now if one of us reaches 2gigs of streaming data the phone is throttled back to a useless speed until the beginning of a new billing cycle. The cause of this is the over selling of service and now the company cannot provide the service I signed up for in the beginning. This is MY problem? Upon connect with the representative the "canned" response made it very clear that the company would prefer to force out those customers with the unlimited plans and sell more tiered plans at a higher cost.

This is the new "Netflix" manner of business apparently were customer satisfaction is not really a priority but rather the direction of the company. And if that direction causes ill will it is really not a concern because customers are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable

I was not offered viable alternatives or compensation for my woes. Until the end of my contract with ATT I cannot enjoy my phone as intended. No Netflix, Youtube, Break, nothing. These were the main reasons for my purchase. I will be leaving ATT as soon as my contract expires and I will tell everyone I know to use another service provider.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 06:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Dallas-Texas-75202/ATT-ATT-Wireless-deceptive-business-practices-Dallas-Texas-838818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T