- Report: #1036737
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: AT&T
AT&T208 South Akard Street #110 Dallas, Texas United States of America
AT&T Won't Let Me Simply Cancel My Iphone Service. They are making it so difficult. Dallas, Texas
1. Well, you can't cancel your contract in the middle of a cycle because we don't pro-rate service. You have to wait until the end of the billing cycle.
2. Well, we see your last bill won't print until April 24, 2013 and you have to wait until then to cancel.
3. Well, we can cancel you "BUT" you won't be able to use your phone on another carrier until the final bill prints. (Which is a month later)
4. We have blocked not just your present iphone device but every single device that has ever been associated with your account "until" you pay the final bill (which won't print until next month).
5. Even after you cancel, you will have to wait and extra 48 to 72 hours to recieve the unlock code (however you won't get that until the end of next month after your final bill prints)...
All I can say is WOW.
I would have never imagined I couldn't easily cancel my cell phone contract after my contract had ended. AT&T has placed in its terms and conditions so many caveats and onerous rules you will be waiting at least an extra 30 days (or more) to cancel their ridiculously priced iphone service. I feel as if I've been scalped for the past four years all the money I've paid them.
Good riddance to AT&T.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Dallas-Texas-75202/ATT-Wont-Let-Me-Simply-Cancel-My-Iphone-Service-They-are-making-it-so-difficult-Dall-1036737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.