Complaint Review: AT&T

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: Lola — Dallas Texas
AT&T
208 South Akard Street #110 Dallas, Texas United States of America

AT&T Won't Let Me Simply Cancel My Iphone Service. They are making it so difficult. Dallas, Texas

I've been with AT&T for five years. I have the iphone 4 at present. My contract ends on March 26, 2013 and I have decided to go to Tmobile. I called up to AT&T and inquired about getting my phone unlocked when my contract ended and I was told the following:

1. Well, you can't cancel your contract in the middle of a cycle because we don't pro-rate service. You have to wait until the end of the billing cycle.

2. Well, we see your last bill won't print until April 24, 2013 and you have to wait until then to cancel.

3. Well, we can cancel you "BUT" you won't be able to use your phone on another carrier until the final bill prints. (Which is a month later)

4. We have blocked not just your present iphone device but every single device that has ever been associated with your account "until" you pay the final bill (which won't print until next month).

5. [continued below]....
..... Even after you cancel, you will have to wait and extra 48 to 72 hours to recieve the unlock code (however you won't get that until the end of next month after your final bill prints)...

All I can say is WOW.

I would have never imagined I couldn't easily cancel my cell phone contract after my contract had ended. AT&T has placed in its terms and conditions so many caveats and onerous rules you will be waiting at least an extra 30 days (or more) to cancel their ridiculously priced iphone service. I feel as if I've been scalped for the past four years all the money I've paid them.

Good riddance to AT&T.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Dallas-Texas-75202/ATT-Wont-Let-Me-Simply-Cancel-My-Iphone-Service-They-are-making-it-so-difficult-Dall-1036737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T