Complaint Review: AT&T

Forth Worth, Texas USA

AT&T AT&T NIGHTMARE STORY Forth Worth Texas

The AT&T Story

OFFICIAL WARNING!

I am surprised that this company retains customers let alone gains new ones. Customer Service at this company is

Here is what has happened:

1.  I bought a HTC One with a 2 year contract with AT&T. Got the phone and disliked it.

Immediately contacted AT&T and returned it same day.

2. While in contact, I requested an exchange for a Samsung Mega. I paid for it and was told it would be sent via overnight mail to me.

Then I was informed that this phone qualified for a free 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab. Was told my card would be charged for the tablet, but would be put "back into my account" when it shipped.

3. Upon careful examination, I realized that the Samsung Mega in fact "DID NOT" qualify for the free tablet, and the 213.99 that was charged to my card would not be returned.

I immediately contacted them and cancelled the order. At the same time I learned that the Samsung Mega that was to be overnighted to me was in fact not going to be shipped for another week due to a sim card being back-ordered...

NOW I AM PISSED! I tell them to cancel the order on the Samsung and was told I had to wait until it was shipped and then return it.

4. Call the next day, get someone else, who is magically able to cancel the order! SHEW! Now that wasnt so hard was it?  But there is more!

5. I now have a total of 375.00 wrapped up in two phones and a tablet I technically did not order...and was told the money would go back into my account in 24-48 hours. Well 5..thats right FIVE days later...still no money...I have to call them again, and stay on the phone for over two hours to get it resolved.

6. Here Is where it gets good!

Just as I think my AT&T nightmare is over with I am rudely awakened.

Here is what happened next.

I call a new service provider to port my number to their company (as now I have found a much better fit). However, I can’t port my number from Verizon why? It is because AT&T has activated my number on their system on November 29th…and deactivating my service from Verizon. MIND YOU…I had canceled all of these orders on November 20th .NINE days before…9 freaking days. Now how is this possible?

They stole my number!! AND then told me they now own my number…which I have had for the last four years.

Then I was told that just because I cancelled my phone orders does not mean I cancelled my service! What the hell?

Why the hell would I want service without a phone? Makes no sense!

So, two hours later, I finally get this escalated to a supervisor…after of course, being hung up on twice by non English speaking individuals who can’t UNDERSTAND. Anyway, I finally think I got this straightened out.

I call new service provider to port my number, and guess what! NO CAN DO for 24 hours.

So now, I am no longer with Verizon, and now my number is owned by AT&T. Since I cancelled my orders, I no longer have telephone service AT ALL with anyone with my number.

I realize all of this is very confusing. If you are having problems grasping all of this, just know this.

AT&T is a nightmare! Customer Service is horrible.

Unless you have hours to spend on the phone, hundreds of dollars to tie up in your account, and do not care about losing your phone number…I suggest move on from this company.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

(((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Forth-Worth-Texas/ATT-ATT-NIGHTMARE-STORY-Forth-Worth-Texas-1102997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T