Complaint Review: ATT

• Reported By: Aggrieved customer — Tennessee United States of America
ATT
500 Chaistain Blvd Kennessau, Georgia United States of America

ATT ATT Phone and Internet Service ATT Rippoff Kennessau, Georgia

Ever since I moved to rural TN ten years ago ATT ripped me off again and again.  I am fed up and moving.  Once I leave TN I will never ever use ATT again.  Most of the customer service people are nice except the one I got today.

ATT cheated me so many times I have lost count. The last time was this November when we received a package offering all distance and dsl ultra for 65 dollars and I bought a dsl gadget from them for sixty dollars. I asked the guy if that's including everything, shipping, tax and he told me yes. THen I got a bill for 172 dollars. I called them back and fortunately I found a helpful girl who worked around and made it go down 141 dollars. Although I still felt lied to I almost cried in gratitude because that's like the fifth person I got who did something. I asked her to tel me who much else I owed ATT at the time and she said they can't tell that. But she assured me that I will be given some credit for the overcharge in my next bill. But today I fot a freaking 120 bill. I was so mad. Icalled around 1:50pm.  There was no credit! But another overcharge. I called and got this woman. She was okay at first but soon started making accusations. I wasn't warned that calling Canada was considered like calling Japan or India or whatever. She told me that they don't help people who don't read their documents. They send some literature but honestly with such small letters who reads them? They could at least make it normal fonts.
But I made the mistake of saying this f***ing bill or something and they woman all goes grandmotherly and says if you swear I will hang up on you. I wasn't swearing at her! She didn't swear but she made some accusations that I am liar which made me so mad I told her she was bitchy and I am surprised she's go ta job upon which she hung up on me.
I called the next person who was little less accusatory but she didn't help other than give me an address that I asked. I don't have American accent. Is that why they are doing it?
This is not the first time I got cheated by ATT. I am stuck with this company because they are the only provider in this small Tennessee town. I am planning to move and one of the reasons is because I am stuck with ATT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2010 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Kennessau-Georgia-30144/ATT-ATT-Phone-and-Internet-Service-ATT-Rippoff-Kennessau-Georgia-674695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ATT