Complaint Review: AT&T

• Submitted: Mon, December 04, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 04, 2006

• Reported By:Carson California
AT&T
PO Box 7000 Orem, Utah U.S.A.

AT&T, SBC Never received my rebate check. Ripoff Orem Utah

Purchased the wireless self installation home kit for my AT&T DSL back on 8/15/06. Completed and sent in the $50 rebate form with required Rebate Activation Sticker on 8/21/06.

I tried numerous of times checking the status of my rebate by calling their 800 # (called approximately 3 times in the last 2 months) and by going to their website at attequipmentrebate.com/RebateStatusSearch.

First of all the website was useless, everytime I tried punching in my information, I received a prompt stating '.. unable to find rebate claim...'

So I tried calling their rebate dept (800-228-5015) and the AT&T rebate representatives all agree that they did receive my rebate form on 9/1/06 but it'll take approximately 10-12 weeks.

Finally, I called again on 12/4/06 (Over 14 weeks from the day I sent in the form and more than 12 weeks from the day they claimed they receiving my rebate form!) and the rep (Kathy ext #20420) once again agree the form was received on 9/1/06 but will email her supervisor to process my check. I asked, 'So how long will this process take?' She says 'another 4-6 weeks.' Are you kidding me???

So I asked for her supervisor's name and number but she tells me she is not allowed to give that information. (Any respectable company will give you the supervisor name and # if there is a complaint!) The rep gives me a customer service # instead (877-722-3755)to call for further information about my rebate. I tried calling that number and the customer service rep tells me that they have nothing to do with rebates (of course) and to call back the rebate dept.

Sounds fishy? You bet.

This is another example of a rebate scam. Never will do business with AT&T again.

If you have any suggestions who I should write to about this incident, please let me know. Thank you.

Akira
Carson, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2006 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ATT/Orem-Utah-84059-7000/ATT-SBC-Never-received-my-rebate-check-Ripoff-Orem-Utah-223660. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT&T